Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Might end up volunteering at Latitude this year, cos of how the oxfam thing has fallen (other festivals falling off their roster, needing to do 2 to get priority, etc etc) and while the lineup is pretty slim pickings, i think there's enough there to while away a pleasant middle class weekend 😄 Pulp, Young fathers and Bob Vylan would keep me pretty content as three headliners go 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Might end up volunteering at Latitude this year, cos of how the oxfam thing has fallen (other festivals falling off their roster, needing to do 2 to get priority, etc etc) and while the lineup is pretty slim pickings, i think there's enough there to while away a pleasant middle class weekend 😄 Pulp, Young fathers and Bob Vylan would keep me pretty content as three headliners go 

This is entirely personal opinion, and so highly subjective and others may have had a totally different experience.

But my personal view is that Latitude is one of the worst festivals to volunteer at - I wouldn't recommend it at all. Staff camping is the most cramped I've ever seen and a fair distance away from the arena. Crew catering was exceptionally poor (though that kind of thing can change year to year). I felt like the festival organisers were more demanding of volunteers than you normally get, while at the same time giving less respect or consideration. That applies to a higher than average percentage of the punters as well, a fair number of whom could reasonably be described as "entitled".

As I say though, that's just how I found it, others will almost certainly differ.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Feel sorry for Yard Act going up against Pulp. It's not a fight they'll win.

Bizarre clash really considering they're pretty similar acts.

They aren't clashing someone said yard act confirmed they are on pre-pulp in the latitude thread

1 minute ago, gfa said:

They aren't clashing someone said yard act confirmed they are on pre-pulp in the latitude thread

Does the smaller stage finish earlier? Never been so wouldn't know how it's set up.

In that case there is a very decent day to be had on the Friday depending on how the times split on the two stages:

Murder Capital > Dry Cleaning > Confidence Man > Yard Act > Pulp

If it wasn't so far away I'd be considering a day ticket.

Just now, gfa said:

I'd be very doubtful that the band have got that correct. The two stages finish at approximately the same time - so for them to be right either those timings are going to be different than usual, or there's another act on after them (not sure how likely that is).

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Does the smaller stage finish earlier? Never been so wouldn't know how it's set up.

In that case there is a very decent day to be had on the Friday depending on how the times split on the two stages:

Murder Capital > Dry Cleaning > Confidence Man > Yard Act > Pulp

If it wasn't so far away I'd be considering a day ticket.

Not when i went and quick check shows it doesn't usually.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

I'd be very doubtful that the band have got that correct. The two stages finish at approximately the same time - so for them to be right either those timings are going to be different than usual, or there's another act on after them (not sure how likely that is).

Don't shoot the messenger!

42 minutes ago, incident said:

This is entirely personal opinion, and so highly subjective and others may have had a totally different experience.

But my personal view is that Latitude is one of the worst festivals to volunteer at - I wouldn't recommend it at all. Staff camping is the most cramped I've ever seen and a fair distance away from the arena. Crew catering was exceptionally poor (though that kind of thing can change year to year). I felt like the festival organisers were more demanding of volunteers than you normally get, while at the same time giving less respect or consideration. That applies to a higher than average percentage of the punters as well, a fair number of whom could reasonably be described as "entitled".

As I say though, that's just how I found it, others will almost certainly differ.

That’s hugely useful, ta! It’s a bit dependant on which days I can get off work, but it’s food for thought 👍🏻

55 minutes ago, incident said:

Latitude themselves retweeted the Yard Act tweet about them not clashing so looks like they aren't.

• Upvote 1