news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Always liked Theresa May.

I always disliked her as she was an authoritarian and one of the main culprits for the hostile environment.

However, I did always get the impression that she had a strong sense of public duty and took her role seriously. So for that reason definitely prefer her to Bo Jo. Not surprised she's attacking him, don't think it's just revenge, I just think she has standards that he falls far short of.

Just now, JoeyT said:

The great thing about this afternoons debacle is that we get to see it happen all over again tomorrow at midday 🥳

Wednesday is PMQs unless there's another debate I've forgotten?

11 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I always disliked her as she was an authoritarian and one of the main culprits for the hostile environment.

However, I did always get the impression that she had a strong sense of public duty and took her role seriously. So for that reason definitely prefer her to Bo Jo. Not surprised she's attacking him, don't think it's just revenge, I just think she has standards that he falls far short of.

Yeah I agree with that completely.

25 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Yes, this is completely correct. A lot of it comes from her background as a minister's daughter and she saw the PM job as always trying to do the best for the country (according to Tim Shipman's second Brexit book - recommended).

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

lets face it an update isnt gonna help him .... theres too much in this 

Yes but that's what the statement says, their wording can be key.

Edited by Ozanne