news & politics:discussion

zahidf

12 years of rule appears to be doing funny things to their judgement.

Personally I can't see it happening, but I can imagine there are enough who may think it would be a very good idea to try.

Truss will be holding together quite a weird coalition within the tory party and whilst we can look at what she's promising in the hustings and say that's never going to happen, there are those that are supporting her who believe and expect it to happen and will be mutinous if she tries to be pragmatic.

Unfortunately Johnson will always have the image of the golden boy vote winner. I mean, he had to go and I'm glad he's gone (going) but it probably would have been better if had been humiliated in a GE defeat (and lost his seat) to put that golden boy myth to bed.

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

...and actually I would prefer Johnson to Truss or Sunak (if came down to it, but not sure I could handle what would happen to his already over inflated ego).

good thing with johnson is that no problem is too big to throw taxpayers money at.

51 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, just saw this on bbc...it's kind of weird thing to say...are tory members really that c**tish? Or is she really that dumbarse ideological...?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62703858

isn't it mostly because there'd no easy way of channelling the money to the 'right' people.

58 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Just come on to post this as it’s on tonight’s news … so already she can’t find time . And she’s being slated for her economic plans … It’s just absolutely bonkers and like some kind of comedy if it wasn’t so serious 😡

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just come on to post this as it’s on tonight’s news … so already she can’t find time . And she’s being slated for her economic plans … It’s just absolutely bonkers and like some kind of comedy if it wasn’t so serious 😡

she's learnt this from bojo...why do this stuff when you know you've already won. It's shit, but it works.