news & politics:discussion

zahidf

14 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Our standing charge pisses me off as we pay extra as we have prepayment meters. They were in when we moved in and Bulb wanted 70 quid each to go onto smart meters and a 250 deposit each meter as security. 

I will find a link but I read that people on prepayment pay on average around 100 quid more a year on each supply. I will be going back to Ecotricity who just charge a flat rate across the board. I should have stuck with them in the first place but pennies do count.

Signed

Fucked off in Manchester.

Yeah the prepayment meters being more expensive thing is fucking annoying. We used to have electric prepaid in a few on the rented flats I've lived in and it's annoying that you both pay more and it's a faff to keep on top of.

8 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Not everyone will think like that and possibly be feeling so anxious about things that they don’t realise there are these options available to them. I imagine some people will be so worried/stressed that they aren’t able to work out what to do.

Wasn't suggesting anyone should do anything, was actually just asking if it's possible out of curiosity.

Unrelated to either point, I lived in a bedsit for seven years that had no gas at all (electric heater and water) and my electric was paid with a 50p meter that my landlord came and collected. Simpler times. But it was fucking cold in the winter with the gaps above the sash windows. Mind you would have been handy with the current gas situation. 

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

37 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah the prepayment meters being more expensive thing is fucking annoying. We used to have electric prepaid in a few on the rented flats I've lived in and it's annoying that you both pay more and it's a faff to keep on top of.

Wasn't suggesting anyone should do anything, was actually just asking if it's possible out of curiosity.

Unrelated to either point, I lived in a bedsit for seven years that had no gas at all (electric heater and water) and my electric was paid with a 50p meter that my landlord came and collected. Simpler times. But it was fucking cold in the winter with the gaps above the sash windows. Mind you would have been handy with the current gas situation. 

I wasn’t having a go at you btw, just saying in general how the anxiety of the situation might mean people don’t think to look for these possible solutions. 

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Looked it up, Business, Energy and Industry strategy.  Rees-Mogg. That's net zero in the bin.

It’s quite a simple solution that he will be implementing. 

Anyone who gets into debt due to energy costs will be sent to a workhouse where they will have to turn cranks to generate power. 

C8BAFF7C-175F-4E13-B60B-5AEE6FA3D596.thumb.jpeg.c2c2dd37bf0ad6c912cb64ae6cb7d3cb.jpeg

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Looked it up, Business, Energy and Industry strategy.  Rees-Mogg. That's net zero in the bin.

Rees-Mogg is famous for his innovation of modern thinking, I'm sure this will be fine...

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Rees-Mogg is famous for his innovation of modern thinking, I'm sure this will be fine...

he'll be shitting himself at how big the heating bills will be for his mansions.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Bye bye Boris you big bag of bulshit.

Boris was so useless it made us wish we had May or Cameron back. Is Truss going to fuck up so badly that it makes us wish we had Boris back? 

Somehow I doubt it. Only question now is can it get any worse?

18 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Boris was so useless it made us wish we had May or Cameron back. Is Truss going to fuck up so badly that it makes us wish we had Boris back? 

Somehow I doubt it. Only question now is can it get any worse?

no torywill throw money about like boris