news & politics:discussion

zahidf

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Do we want Truss to succeed for the sake of the country or fall for the sake of the Tories losing the next election?

Her succeeding isn’t good for the country. The only good outcome is the Tories out of government. 

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Do we want Truss to succeed for the sake of the country or fall for the sake of the Tories losing the next election?

I'm not sure if people realise just where we're headed at the moment.

Fascism is on it's way and she's up for it, she supports ripping up our human rights.

She also supports dismantling our renewables including removing solar farms, while increasing the use of coal and reintroducing fracking.

The tories need to go ASAP.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I didn't watch the speech, or the one yesterday, but main points seems to be lowering tax and working hard aspiration nation bollocks, energy crisis, and sort out NHS of course.

Lowering tax is not a good thing, esp re sorting out the NHS.

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It depends what failure looks like. I can remember when George Soros broke the bank of England because the government thought they could "fix" the value of the pound. She's effectively written a blank cheque today between the market price and her fix. Markets tend to be more powerful than governments and are very good at exploiting distortions caused by politicians.

11 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I'm not sure if people realise just where we're headed at the moment.

Fascism is on it's way and she's up for it, she supports ripping up our human rights.

She also supports dismantling our renewables including removing solar farms, while increasing the use of coal and reintroducing fracking.

The tories need to go ASAP.

You are completely right, she’s also looking at workers right too which is a worrying. They do need to go asap. 

12 minutes ago, lost said:

It depends what failure looks like. I can remember when George Soros broke the bank of England because the government thought they could "fix" the value of the pound. She's effectively written a blank cheque today between the market price and her fix. Markets tend to be more powerful than governments and are very good at exploiting distortions caused by politicians.

Yeah, I don't know how any of this stuff works, but apparently gilts/bond markets have given Truss' plans a mixed reaction.

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I didn't watch the speech, or the one yesterday, but main points seems to be lowering tax and working hard aspiration nation bollocks, energy crisis, and sort out NHS of course.

with a reminder from the bbc that the tories have been the govt for 12 years.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Rees-Mogg is getting the energy job ffs.

Get ready for: dismantling of existing solar farms, no new wind farm planning consent, refiring of obsolete coal fired power stations, new oil and gas extraction licenses in the N sea and fracking to resume.

We're done for.