news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Why?

Even more important to keep them now, pile on the pressure.

Out of respect I’d assume, it’s the right thing to do and probably the wisest as people might think it’s tasteless. 

9 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Am I the only one thinking that Liz Truss knobbled her with novochok as there can only be one Liz in charge. Don't be surprised if you hear cackling from number 10. 

Also cynically we will see things like fracking been announced under the radar. 

Probably shook her hand with a concealed wrap of ricin. 

As for fracking, any new bills will need the Kings assent. He’s a big environmentalist so he may not be a pushover. 

12 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Am I the only one thinking that Liz Truss knobbled her with novochok as there can only be one Liz in charge. Don't be surprised if you hear cackling from number 10. 

Also cynically we will see things like fracking been announced under the radar. 

They announced it already .. not even bothered about under the radar now 

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

Watching the football & there was no pre-match or half time discussion, just a blank screen! On the plus side, no shitty adverts! 🙂

I was going to say, this country has gone completely insane, but I think I should replace gone with is.

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m now even more clueless as to wether I should stick with my fixed due to end in April or twist my fixed than I was before …. Not got the foggiest and I’ll happily admit it 

I posted a little thread from Martin Lewis giving some info on that which might help you, it’s on the last page. 

I am looking forward to Charles III. I have a great deal of respect for him as a man. He speaks his mind and he had the bollocks to do "P" Company with the Paras. As an institution I am indifferent on the monarchy. We will only spunk the money we spend on Trident replacement or something similar. But as individuals for some reason they draw my respect. I cannot imagine a life of affluence but also of the service tied with that. 

I am a not a republican but neither am I a royalist but I find myself a little saddened. Cromwell would have hated me if he were alive today. As I have said before the money we pay the Royals makes people happy and that makes me smile. Yes it works out at quids a year. If we gave Morrissey the same amount for the same job would they be so happy. 

• Upvote 1