news & politics:discussion

zahidf

39 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Man faints … must be the vaccine …. I remember fainting before my bcg vaccine in a hot school corridor . Now I stab myself with a needle 4x per day ffS 

Count yourself lucky. Seriously don't get me started on vaccines. Sorry you have. Prior, during and the end of the the First Gulf War we had a shitload of vaccines. At a camp before we went out we had 7 in one day. It was a medical unit so we needed things like the Hep vaccines even though I was up to date on mine. In the morning I was woken by a room mate who was covered in pox like marks all over his body (yes we looked). We did the right thing and gave him TLC (Tough luck c**t) and told him to fuck off.

In the Gulf I was really ill and stopped accepting jabs and taking meds. Doctors in my unit were worried so fuck it.

However I have five kids. When the MMR thing flared up I have always had my kids vaccinated. Why? I am not a stupid c**t. To this day I blame Gulf War Syndrome partly on vaccines. In one day we received jabs that you would normally get over weeks or months.

Sorry for the digression but it is a very sore spot with me 

End of the day we met with my friend Angus the Pox at an airport in Rhyadh and had just come from the front in Kuwait  He had ended up with 2 weeks on hospital but was assigned to an NBC unit at the front. I still talk to him but he is only just a accepting TLC  bless him.

1 minute ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Count yourself lucky. Seriously don't get me started on vaccines. Sorry you have. Prior, during and the end of the the First Gulf War we had a shitload of vaccines. At a camp before we went out we had 7 in one day. It was a medical unit so we needed things like the Hep vaccines even though I was up to date on mine. In the morning I was woken by a room mate who was covered in pox like marks all over his body (yes we looked). We did the right thing and gave him TLC (Tough luck c**t) and told him to fuck off.

In the Gulf I was really ill and stopped accepting jabs and taking meds. Doctors in my unit were worried so fuck it.

However I have five kids. When the MMR thing flared up I have always had my kids vaccinated. Why? I am not a stupid c**t. To this day I blame Gulf War Syndrome partly on vaccines. In one day we received jabs that you would normally get over weeks or months.

Sorry for the digression but it is a very sore spot with me 

End of the day we met with my friend Angus the Pox at an airport in Rhyadh and had just come from the front in Kuwait  He had ended up with 2 weeks on hospital but was assigned to an NBC unit at the front. I still talk to him but he is only just a accepting TLC  bless him.

You should write a book.

4 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I find this funnier than I should 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Man faints … must be the vaccine …. I remember fainting before my bcg vaccine in a hot school corridor . Now I stab myself with a needle 4x per day ffS 

Actually that Pandemic News account are the opposite of blaming it on the vaccine, they're very much behind the idea that covid is destroying our immune systems and that repeated infections will either kill or give long covid to everyone eventually.

The "mild" part of their Twitter handle is supposed to be ironic because people called omicron mild whereas they seem to believe that's just government propaganda to make infections acceptable.

There's a whole community like that and I still can't decide whether they're right or not! I follow a bit of all sides of the argument on that. 

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Actually that Pandemic News account are the opposite of blaming it on the vaccine, they're very much behind the idea that covid is destroying our immune systems and that repeated infections will either kill or give long covid to everyone eventually.

The "mild" part of their Twitter handle is supposed to be ironic because people called omicron mild whereas they seem to believe that's just government propaganda to make infections acceptable.

There's a whole community like that and I still can't decide whether they're right or not! I follow a bit of all sides of the argument on that. 

It’s title what could this be … kind of lead me to believe something we’re to blame other than someone fainting … anyway back to queenie … I think I’m going to work Monday for double time … normally I’d seek the option of a paid day off ., but can’t be assed with all this and everything will be closed 

13 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s title what could this be … kind of lead me to believe something we’re to blame other than someone fainting … anyway back to queenie … I think I’m going to work Monday for double time … normally I’d seek the option of a paid day off ., but can’t be assed with all this and everything will be closed 

I'm definitely working - as a freelancer the hours I have to fulfill this month are the same regardless so a normal working day for me! Almost stubbornly so 

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I will be protesting the funeral on Monday by lying in the sun by a pool in Spain with a pina colada in my hand (well, probably a San Miguel, but same difference!)

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

My girlfriend's mum said "well you'd do it for Glastonbury wouldn't you?" Our response was pretty much that we wish it was as simple as 30 hours in a queue....

People queue over night to get into the site.

Each to their own isn’t it.

Edited by Ozanne

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

People queue over night to get into the site.

Each to their own isn’t it.

They're queuing for 5 days of joy, mayhem, music & amazing memories - not 20 seconds of looking at a wooden box! Besides, anyone who queues overnight to get into Glastonbury needs their heads examined IMO - there's plenty of room later in the day!

3 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

They're queuing for 5 days of joy, mayhem, music & amazing memories - not 20 seconds of looking at a wooden box! Besides, anyone who queues overnight to get into Glastonbury needs their heads examined IMO - there's plenty of room later in the day!

They are doing it for those reasons and more power to them but others might not see it like that. That’s the thing isn’t it, everyone has their interests and reasons for doing things. 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I meant more if I could queue 30 hours for a guaranteed ticket I'd be more than happy to do it! Would be less stressful than the actual ticket process 

Would certainly cut the wheat from the chaff. 

Edited by Ozanne

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Let us know when you get to the front I’ll screenshot it … is it better than appearing on Glastocam ? 😂

We actually went to see this play which was bloody great: https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/all-of-us

Made such a stark contrast to a load of people queuing to see a dead rich lady. Still a huge queue when we came out just now too.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We actually went to see this play which was bloody great: https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/all-of-us

Made such a stark contrast to a load of people queuing to see a dead rich lady. Still a huge queue when we came out just now too.

Sorry, they're not going to see the rich dead lady. I meant queuing to see a box.