news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Beckham’s status as a darling of British celebrité has always been a mystery to me.

A mid tier, stroppy mercenary as a player, got England knocked out of the world cup vs Argentina, and a dull, whiney fucker as an individual.

He’s very good looking, married a spice girl, England captain, scored some iconic goals for England 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I feel like jumping the queue due to privilege is 100% in the spirit of what the queue is about! All very on brand.

last night four famous people jumped the queue to get straight into Westminster hall, names of charles, anne, andrew,  and edward.

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I do find the idea of having a modern day monarchy to be really strange and frankly laughable. 

The divide here seems to be split between people who see this as a literal celebration of hereditary rule and those that see it as something else.

So take the Scots wearing their kilts and sporrans. Its equally laughable to wear a sporran to store your gold coins in the age of contactless payments but its not about that, its about culture and identity.

Its not for me but if the queen wasn't there the masses will always create these heros to look upto, it'd just be say Kim Kardashian or this years love island intake instead.

4 minutes ago, lost said:

The divide here seems to be split between people who see this as a literal celebration of hereditary rule and those that see it as something else.

So take the Scots wearing their kilts and sporrans. Its equally laughable to wear a sporran to store your gold coins in the age of contactless payments but its not about that, its about culture and identity.

Its not for me but if the queen wasn't there the masses will always create these heros to look upto, it'd just be say Kim Kardashian or this years love island intake instead.

would people queue for up to 24 hours to see their coffin though? My daughter said to me she wouldn't queue for 24 hours to even see mine, which was sweet of her.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

would people queue for up to 24 hours to see their coffin though? My daughter said to me she wouldn't queue for 24 hours to even see mine, which was sweet of her.

I bet if they'd of stuck say Michael Jackson out. Definitely. Still remember some of the scenes from the 80's around him.

For sure you’ll always get people that would queue up to see their own heroes if they are lying in state. As I’ve been saying it’s each to their own and it’s not doing any harm. It’s quite sweet in a way.

Some people probably think people queueing up over night for the gate to open at Glastonbury is strange but again it’s not doing any harm. 

10 minutes ago, lost said:

I bet if they'd of stuck say Michael Jackson out. Definitely. Still remember some of the scenes from the 80's around him.

well...I mean I could say I bet they wouldn't....not in this country for certain...but impossible to prove...

I wonder what the queues will be like for David Beckham's coffin?

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

For sure you’ll always get people that would queue up to see their own heroes if they are lying in state. As I’ve been saying it’s each to their own and it’s not doing any harm. It’s quite sweet in a way.

Some people probably think people queueing up over night for the gate to open at Glastonbury is strange but again it’s not doing any harm. 

it's more than just a hero thing with this queue though...goes deeper...people queueing for all sorts of reasons...patriotism, sense of duty, a moment in history, everyone else is etc.

The Glastonbury thing is just because there isn't enough fucking room in the place so you need to get in there early to get a good spot.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it's more than just a hero thing with this queue though...goes deeper...people queueing for all sorts of reasons...patriotism, sense of duty, a moment in history, everyone else is etc.

The Glastonbury thing is just because there isn't enough fucking room in the place so you need to get in there early to get a good spot.

Oh yeah it’s much more than a hero thing for the Queen.

It is a big reason but people still do it for Glastonbury and I’m sure some would question those people but they wouldn’t deserve the anger either that has been expressed here over the last few days. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Oh yeah it’s much more than a hero thing for the Queen.

It is a big reason but people still do it for Glastonbury and I’m sure some would question those people but they wouldn’t deserve the anger either that has been expressed here over the last few days. 

It’s a body in a box … which you see for 20 seconds if lucky …. There is absolutely no comparison with the Glastonbury queue for the worlds best 5 day party … and many people walk straight in … 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s a body in a box … which you see for 20 seconds if lucky …. There is absolutely no comparison with the Glastonbury queue for the worlds best 5 day party … and many people walk straight in … 

There is a comparison for the reasons I’ve stated and there’s nothing wrong with either. Just saying some people will not understand people queueing through the night but they probably won’t be as angry as some are for some reason on here.