news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

If this happened under a Labour government the press would be up in arms about it. 

it did and they were.next up we become like shri lanka

Edited by Neil

Come on guys....

Fury from a Tory MP who says talk of no confidence letters going in is not misplaced.

"My colleagues will rule nothing in and rule nothing out," they say. 

"There will come a time where people have to say ‘I know it’ll make us look chaotic, but we can’t go on like this."

I Mean it would be absolute turmoil. And would, at very least in the short term, make the financial situation even worse. 

But what you need to do is balance that out against it being very very very very funny.

Edited by zahidf
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Come on guys....

Fury from a Tory MP who says talk of no confidence letters going in is not misplaced.

"My colleagues will rule nothing in and rule nothing out," they say. 

"There will come a time where people have to say ‘I know it’ll make us look chaotic, but we can’t go on like this."

I Mean it would be absolute turmoil. And would, at very least in the short term, make the financial situation even worse. 

But what you need to do is balance that out against it being very very very very funny.

Imagine the scenes of that did happen, it would be hilarious and disastrous.

Imagine if Labour did this!?

48 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I find it very worrying, feel totally fucked as someone in their mid 20s. Dreadful time to be in this country 

It might actually pay to be young. Its always felt to me the country has been in a sort of managed decline for 20 years as the baby boomers have started retiring, taxes slowly going up as public services slowly got worse. Some sort of reset may benefit the youngsters whilst hitting oldies sitting on lots of cash savings and annuities that are not linked to inflation. 

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It's probably an over correction after the Palestinian flag waving under Corbyn, however I just accept it's not aimed at me.

If it works to make Labour seem more appealing to swing voters then I’m all for it. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

nah fuck the nationalism ... it just works to divide people .... and thats where we are in Italy right now 

Lol ok then. It’s a just a song, calm down. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

narrow minded if you think its just a song ..... It’s just a flag .... thats just crap tbh ..... it’s the start of a worrying route .... 

It’s a song at a Conference for a party you don’t even support. Calm down. 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

wonder if you say that about the far right flag wavers ?

I don’t say much of anything about it as I don’t really care.

It’s literally just a song and if it makes Labour more appealing to swing voters then more power to them. It’s so trivial.