news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Labour have to pull out all the stops...and that may include some patriotism that some will find uncomfortable.

And there is plenty of policy now...but policy really isn't enough...a lot of it is mood music, make people feel optimistic, secure...and that labour don't hate the things they like...like the fucking royal family. They need to win over voters that have never voted labour, as well as the ones who used to.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I’m pretty sure he’s doing it for a reaction.

Right you are now blocked I’m fed up with the absolute bollocks you are spout ing of late … I actually spent many days sticking up for you during the tough times of covid … you won’t make anyone vote Labour with the attitude you have towards others … and your love of Starmer is beyond bizzare . Just because my opinions differ don’t you dare talk down to me . Strangely enough I’m actually starting to see why people give you red arrows now and why you got given one of the first ones I’ve dished out for many years a couple of days back . Have fun in Ozanne’s starmer w*nking thread I’m out 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Labour have to pull out all the stops...and that may include some patriotism that some will find uncomfortable.

And there is plenty of policy now...but policy really isn't enough...a lot of it is mood music, make people feel optimistic, secure...and that labour don't hate the things they like...like the fucking royal family. They need to win over voters that have never voted labour, as well as the ones who used to.

They have to do things like you suggest because the deck is stacked against them in the first place, the media as seen even now will give the Tories a much easier ride for things that they would tear Labour apart for. So Labour have cost every policy and do things that might be seen as corny. It’s a necessary but frustrating facet of politics here but if it means Labour are electable then they should do it. 

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Right you are now blocked I’m fed up with the absolute bollocks you are spout ing of late … I actually spent many days sticking up for you during the tough times of covid … you won’t make anyone vote Labour with the attitude you have towards others … and your love of Starmer is beyond bizzare . Just because my opinions differ don’t you dare talk down to me . Strangely enough I’m actually starting to see why people give you red arrows now and why you got given one of the first ones I’ve dished out for many years a couple of days back . Have fun in Ozanne’s starmer w*nking thread I’m out 

that's quite a reaction.

Haven't heard anything from Truss regarding Italy though from her history in the Lib Dem's you'd think she's socially liberal along with being economically free market so probably not inline with Meloni.

Congratulations coming from Germanys AFD, Frances national rally and Polands PiS.

Edited by lost

5 minutes ago, lost said:

Haven't heard anything from Truss regarding Italy though from her history in the Lib Dem's you'd think she's socially liberal along with being economically free market so probably not inline with Meloni.

Congratulations coming from Germanys AFD, Frances national rally and Polands PiS.

yeah, Truss is right wing, but a different flavour of right wing...more liberal as you say. But, she will have to do the diplomatic thing, we have to have relations with these countries no matter who is in charge.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Anyway...God Save The King...but at same time the pound has dropped again...if it goes below 1$ that will be quite something.

BOE dropped a bollock going 0.5% when Europe and the US went 0.75%. More threats today that they really really really will raise but no-one believes them anymore.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, Truss is right wing, but a different flavour of right wing...more liberal as you say. But, she will have to do the diplomatic thing, we have to have relations with these countries no matter who is in charge.

The Tories have shied away from the culture stuff which seems to be doing well in Europe. Badenoch was probably the only one willing to go there.

Edited by lost

14 minutes ago, lost said:

BOE dropped a bollock going 0.5% when Europe and the US went 0.75%. More threats today that they really really really will raise but no-one believes them anymore.

Govt dropped a couple of bollocks and all the other body bits when they announced their crazy shit tax cuts paid for by borrowing stuff on Friday.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Govt dropped a couple of bollocks and all the other body bits when they announced their crazy shit tax cuts paid for by borrowing stuff on Friday.

70%/30% I'd say. Anyway the good thing about this is its turning the left into hard line fiscal conservatives at least. The do the opposite of my opponent seems to be alive and well.

Edited by lost

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Labour conference just voted to support PR.

God Save The King.

Quite the turnaround really, hopefully in time it gets adopted as policy but I have a fear it would be used against Labour by the Tories and the media. 

51 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Unbelievably he isn't a troll, he has just dedicated literal weeks of his life to posting his twitter feed and Starmer-love in this thread and the old covid one. He seems to have no real interest in music or festivals and doesn't post about that elsewhere on the forum. A truly strange guy.

I just can't see that he isn't trolling - I mean either way it's pretty sad, and for a while I did think they were genuine. But recent posts have swayed it for me, and I'm leaning towards an exceptionally vindictive kind of troll.

If they aren't, then they're really bad at putting forward and understanding logical discourse. Like really, really bad.

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Mate on about 5 occasions in the last couple years you've said you're putting me on ignore cause you hate me so much.But here we are lol. You never actually do it🤣

Cause you're always here, and I can't resist a peak...but it's always just some shitty little comment about Ozanne... especially when a pile on is starting. You're a fucking prick bentos.

Edited by steviewevie

Imagine for the last few years coming into this thread just to post about me. I’m a nobody yet a certain someone has consistently for years posted about me it seems. I have him on ignore yet still persists for some reason and barely gets a response from anyone on here.

At least my obsession is a politician (a handsome one at that) not some random on a forum.

Anyway as much as I like the attention it’s probably best to get this back on topic. 

I want to expand on my previous post. 

The issue here is the BOE and government go hand in hand and the BOE are still in "George Osborne mode" which only really works if we are running smaller deficits with more balanced books. Weirdly Kwarteng is very similar to the budget John Mcdonnell offered up where they were targeting growth to pay for the deficits they were running with the obvious difference that one thinks growth comes from the private sector and the other the public.

I would think anything like that from labour now would be dead in the water with the government going back into "George Osborne mode" under Starmer/Rachel Reeves and with Reeves being ex-BOE that would make sense. Also if the Tory plan fails the gilt market won't allow any more large deficits that's for sure.