news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, lost said:

I think I posted 1 tweet about Germany randomly that wasn't quoting anyone in the politics thread not the only "tweets that say yay labour boo tories" thread.

Isn't that why there was an attempt to restart the other thread because you and Ozanne only try to allow those sorts of posts?

ok..whatever....cba...

19 minutes ago, lost said:

I think I posted 1 tweet about Germany randomly that wasn't quoting anyone in the politics thread not the only "tweets that say yay labour boo tories" thread.

Isn't that why there was an attempt to restart the other thread because you and Ozanne only try to allow those sorts of posts?

I just want honesty, if you are a Tory then own it. 

Edited by Ozanne

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I just want honesty, if you are a Tory then own it. 

You seem intent on labelling everyone who ever challenges you a Tory and I don't really get it. It's not conducive to any form of debate and it's also not exactly going to convince people that may be Tories or even slightly right-leaning to listen to you?

23 minutes ago, lost said:

Ok.. How pissed off Owen Jones is at labour then. When he's above a certain level i'm back to voting labour.

I watched his YouTube video from conference and he seemed reasonably balanced in terms of policy platform. In personally find his piling on Starmer very counterproductive as anyone who is put off voting Starmer because they see Starmer as dishonest makes a Truss election win more likely. The reality is his choice RLB would have left the party divided and behind in the polls 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I didn't want Boris or Corbyn.  I thought they would be disastrous for the country for different reasons.

In the end I voted Labour because I liked our local MP.  Sadly he lost to a Tory.  

Next election I will be voting Labour as anything has to be better than what we currently have. 

ah right. Trolling then.

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

How is that trolling ?  

You really are stupid...   

I think Boris got some things right and most things wrong.  I think Rishi got more right than wrong.

I may be stupid, infact I am stupid...but you are a trolling c**t and you know it and I'd better put you back on ignore. Didn't take long.

14 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

You seem intent on labelling everyone who ever challenges you a Tory and I don't really get it. It's not conducive to any form of debate and it's also not exactly going to convince people that may be Tories or even slightly right-leaning to listen to you?

That’s not entirely true, look at debate we’ve had here today seems pretty decent when I wasn’t getting personally attacked.

You either want a Labour government or you would want a Tory one in my mind because those are the only parties that can realistically form a government. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That’s not entirely true, look at debate we’ve had here today seems pretty decent when I wasn’t getting personally attacked.

You either want a Labour government or you would want a Tory one in my mind because those are the only parties that can realistically form a government. 

I have never voted tory. 😇

I haven't always voted labour though...couple of green ones for the lols.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

There's clearly a lot more nuance to it than that though. People are perfectly entitled to want the Tories out but be critical of Starmer and his record/pledges. 

21 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

There's clearly a lot more nuance to it than that though. People are perfectly entitled to want the Tories out but be critical of Starmer and his record/pledges. 

Of course they are and I’m entitled to see them in that way. Again I’m not saying no one can do any of this.