news & politics:discussion

zahidf

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I bet the whole of Scotland had wished they'd voted yes in 2014.

theyd have had bigger cuts than tory cuts and would be in a worse cost of living crisis.

28 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you mean a local councillor who was popular amongst local party members but labour hq didn't like?

if he's that popular he doesn't need the labour party to become mp.

46 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe, but how is she replaced?

For all the talk of needing to get all the MPs to agree I don't think that's correct. If they can get 70 percent to agree they can whittle quickly to the 2 and get the second person to pull out. The precedent has been set when Leadson did this to allow May to become PM.

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

For all the talk of needing to get all the MPs to agree I don't think that's correct. If they can get 70 percent to agree they can whittle quickly to the 2 and get the second person to pull out. The precedent has been set when Leadson did this to allow May to become PM.

yeah, and I guess maybe Wallace is that person mostly likely to get widest support...

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

they'd be a super scandi social democrat EU country full of sexy renewables and with a great future ahead of them. Maybe they could send us food parcels.

renewables owned by private companies, not the SG. a massive deficit, that the EU will require the  SG to address. so huge tax rises or huge spending cuts.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

renewables owned by private companies, not the SG. a massive deficit, that the EU will require the  SG to address. so huge tax rises or huge spending cuts.

nah, they'd be able to borrow to invest, a new burgeoning EU economy, a bright star with Nicola Sturgeon showing herslef as a great international statesperson..out of a fucked UK led by neo-lib nutters, the laughing stock of the world.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

nah, they'd be able to borrow to invest

a growth plan like truss's, more like the tories than ever!

invest in what? if it was that easy, we'd all be millionaires already.

snp have had 8 years since last ref and haven't come up with a growth plan yet.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

nah, they'd be able to borrow to invest, a new burgeoning EU economy, a bright star with Nicola Sturgeon showing herslef as a great international statesperson..out of a fucked UK led by neo-lib nutters, the laughing stock of the world.

voting for indy would be a national act of self-harm, greater than brexit? sturgeon is your farage, and just as honest.

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm sure he could be persuaded by the men in grey suits.

Possibly but if he couldn’t before then why now when the party are in a worse position?