news & politics:discussion

zahidf

30 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

"Warned to prepare" in headline, and then "unlikely" scenarios in the tagline. Click bait

It's not at all, considering that it's still wise to warn people of this in advance even if it might be unlikely. I get the sense this will go down the route of covid restrictions for many through.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry to hear that mate, I hope she’s gonna be ok. 

sounds like she is, getting checked out at hospital now, but 24 hours, i thought it was bad when i waited 12 hours.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Blimey. They have a priority thing with ambulances, right?

the hospital is in gove's constituency, i had several brief stays there with my bad illness last year.in general it doesn't have a great reputation but i'd say its ok, been to much worse.

Edited by Neil

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I mean in how long they take to pick you up. Like if I got hit by a car on way home I wouldn't be waiting 24 hours for an ambulance would I?

hopefully not, but maybe,

Just now, steviewevie said:

hopefully they'd put some traffic cones on the road so cars would go round me.

or do it the french way, with a crowd to watch you bleed to death.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Didn't Labour support all the tax cuts apart from the 45p one? They need to start being braver and more honest about tax and spend...especially now with what just happened in that we have not taken back control at all, and also now that they have a more comfortable poll lead.

They didn’t support the corporation tax cut and they didn’t support the funding of Truss’ energy plan.

They’ve announced plenty of policies recently with funding being raised through abolishing non-dom status, ending charity status for private schools, corporation tax rise and windfall tax on energy firms. Starmer has also suggested they are looking into a form of wealth tax. Seems to be plenty there for now.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They didn’t support the corporation tax cut and they didn’t support the funding of Truss’ energy plan.

They’ve announced plenty of policies recently with funding being raised through abolishing non-dom status, ending charity status for private schools, corporation tax rise and windfall tax on energy firms. Starmer has also suggested they are looking into a form of wealth tax. Seems to be plenty there for now.

Ending charity status for private schools will rolly cost money as some pupils will prolly return to state schools. 

28 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Didn't Labour support all the tax cuts apart from the 45p one? They need to start being braver and more honest about tax and spend...especially now with what just happened in that we have not taken back control at all, and also now that they have a more comfortable poll lead.

ok - but they still supported a bunch of unfunded tax cuts.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

My mum has just waited 24hours for an ambulance, she's OK, thank gawd. 

Blimey. I went in about 9 30 last night, burnt my hand badly.  At 1.45 they came out and said they were so busy that they would not be able to see people untill 9am. I left, saw my local Dr today and got dressing. Amount of Ambulances outside was sad to see

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Didn't Labour support all the tax cuts apart from the 45p one? 

Think they also "spent" the 45p one on a load of extra nurses and doctors for the NHS rather than reducing the deficit when they were planning to reverse it.

I don't think it will be remembered though. people will remember the Tories u-turn. Looks like the pensions triple lock in under threat today. 

2 minutes ago, lost said:

Think they also "spent" the 45p one on a load of extra nurses and doctors for the NHS rather than reducing the deficit when they were planning to reverse it.

I don't think it will be remembered though. people will remember the Tories u-turn. Looks like the pensions triple lock in under threat today. 

You must be happy about that seeing as you aren’t keen on people being supported.