news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Does it all seem to have calmed down (for now)? All I saw on BBC News was them talking to Wes Streeting saying Labour shouldn’t be taking glee in the mess they’ve found themselves in. I don’t think they liked the Kier Starmzy and his Energy Crew ‘Gone’ chant at PMQs.

I think Shapps might be doing the rounds so interesting to see what nonsense he comes out with.

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Does it all seem to have calmed down (for now)? All I saw on BBC News was them talking to Wes Streeting saying Labour shouldn’t be taking glee in the mess they’ve found themselves in. I don’t think they liked the Kier Starmzy and his Energy Crew ‘Gone’ chant at PMQs.

I think Shapps might be doing the rounds so interesting to see what nonsense he comes out with.

Eye of the storm?

27 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

That’s pretty close to General Election territory isn’t it ? If they all lose the whip ? 

I still doubt, but who knows.

It does need to happen though, and Labour need to reject this austerity shite..invest to grow, and bring in wealth taxes and do something with income tax on higher earners.

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I still doubt, but who knows.

It does need to happen though, and Labour need to reject this austerity shite..invest to grow, and bring in wealth taxes and do something with income tax on higher earners.

Plus windfall tax on the energy producers. 

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

and also a windfall tax on banks, which apparently is on the cards anyway.

good, the govt has increased their profits by upping the interest rates for them.

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

When does the next poll come that will reflect the events of the last 24hrs ? 

R&W will have one today at 1700, it might not catch the full effects of yesterday.

52 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Peston reckons ministers are determined to keep Truss there until at least Oct 31st when Hunt does his mini budget thing.

Do you think Boris can come back!?

In all this mess at least we have a Labour leader like Starmer who is clearly a PM in waiting, showing he has the competency to lead the country and also has the ability to embarrass the Tories in the Commons. He’s becoming more popular with the public as well.

He’s played this incredibly well in recent weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think what worries me most is the ability of the UK population to make the right call if there is a general election.

Brexit and Johnson hardly fills me with confidence that we are equipped to make the right calls.  Likewise the ability of the Tory Party to put something credible as a choice is also unlikely.

I fear Starmer crowning.  It's never good when people get power by default.  Gave us Johnson...

Was Boris by default? I thought Boris was brought in precisely because he was popular and a vote winner.

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Waw just looking back through the last 10 years of chancellors as felt like I'd forgotten one. Philip Hammond! Whatever happened to him?

Went to work for a Crypto company when he lost his seat/whip for voting against a hard brexit.