news & politics:discussion

zahidf

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You have to be so fucking blinkered to say that.  He didn't crash the entire UK economy ffs.

As if Truss managed that in 44 days. Johnson's fingerprints are all over the current shitshow, Truss was just the one to give it the nudge of the cliff.

Anyone who thinks she inherited an economy that was in robust shape would be in your words 'so fucking blinkered'.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

I think its likely personally.  3 to 6 month election is impossible not to have I think.

I expect it's less about who is PM and most of the arguments behind the scenes will be about a sharing out of the cabinet jobs to make sure it's a cabinet of 'unity'. It's likely to be a puppet PM whose main job will be keeping a grip of cabinet divisions long enough to make it to the next GE.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Well you probably aren't the sort of person who worries about how this countries survives and pays its way then...  Guessing you was big on Jeremy Corbyn 🙂   Go on - tell me I am wrong 😛 

You really have no idea about the sort of person I am and what my worries are. With regard to how this country survives, as I said, BJ did a lot of the damage.

Big on JC?, No, I have never voted Labour in my life.

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

As if Truss managed that in 44 days. Johnson's fingerprints are all over the current shitshow, Truss was just the one to give it the nudge of the cliff.

Anyone who thinks she inherited an economy that was in robust shape would be in your words 'so fucking blinkered'.

Heheh you’ve really touched a nerve there 😜

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think there’s a level of misogyny with people that happily ignore all of Johnson’s failures and claim Truss is the worst ever. 

Don't think I've seen anyone ignoring Johnson's many failures on here. You don't get a free pass for incompetence because of your sex.

Anyway, Thatcher was the worst. And she proved there could be sex equality by showing it was perfectly fine for a woman to be equally ideologically awful as a man.

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Don't think I've seen anyone ignoring Johnson's many failures on here. You don't get a free pass for incompetence because of your sex.

Anyway, Thatcher was the worst. And she proved there could be sex equality by showing it was perfectly fine for a woman to be equally ideologically awful as a man.

There is the odd comment trying to whitewash Johnson now, in my view there is a bit of misogyny in that given all he’s done and whilst Truss is completely useless it’s nowhere near as bad.

I actually don't think Boris Johnson was that bad. I think he was dodgy, and a bullshitter, and totally unsuitable, but don't think he was that shit. He got unlucky getting the pandemic so early on, and I actually forgive some of the mistakes. Actually, I don't forgive him for brexit though, so he can fuck off forever for that one.

As for Truss...she was also dealt a difficult situation, but I think dumbarse ideology of tax=bad overrode any common sense...and really they just made a bad situation a hec of a lot worse and we're now stuck with the fallout from that forever more.

Edited by steviewevie

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

there is a bit of misogyny in that given all he’s done and whilst Truss is completely useless it’s nowhere near as bad.

Bloody hell. Are you *really* trying to argue that if Truss had been in charge during the covid years that the death count would have been LOWER?!

Johnson was a smug entitled frat boy prick, but Truss LOVED being called the 'human hand grenade' and bragged about the intentional disruption she was going to cause us...and she did...and we'll be living with this 'Truss premium' for far longer than she managed to serve.

• Upvote 1

How are they doing this leadership election then? If members involved it could be someone from the right again...or Johnson if he puts his name into that hat.

But, surely they don't want to fuck up again, and maybe put someone not so nutty in...so Sunak. Mordaunt, Wallace or Hunt I reckon. Probably Sunak or Mordaunt as not sure Wallace wants it, and Hunt too unpopular amongst MPs.

At same time, who would want the job?!

4 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Bloody hell. Are you *really* trying to argue that if Truss had been in charge during the covid years that the death count would have been LOWER?!

Johnson was a smug entitled frat boy prick, but Truss LOVED being called the 'human hand grenade' and bragged about the intentional disruption she was going to cause us...and she did...and we'll be living with this 'Truss premium' for far longer than she managed to serve.

Huh? No. I’m not trying to argue that.

I’m saying that someone was trying to whitewash Johnson and make him out to be not as bad as Truss considering she’s only been in charge 6 weeks and hasn’t done as much as him. Which I feel has element of misogyny from that person. 

Edited by Ozanne

3 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

I don't think anyone actually said that, even remotely. 

But BJ was in charge and we ended up with one of the biggest death rates in the world, so I think suggesting that it would have been hypothetically worse under LT is an exercise in mental gymnastics that actually doesn't bolster either of them.

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So the idea you can both have a break down of government and think covid deaths wouldn't been impacted is for the birds

I agree, don't think it takes much 'mental gymnastics' to join the dots on this one.

Anyway...Johnson back in the frame...time for me to close my laptop and take the dog for a long walk whilst I come to terms with the beyond parody world we now live in.