news & politics:discussion

zahidf

28 minutes ago, lost said:

Limit could be set as 100 MP's. Braverman and Badenoch being talked about but I can only see Boris, Rishi and Penny getting that number.

only boris, as the only one who can save them their seats.

17 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Did anyone say getting brexit done ?   I said he delivered Brexit which May failed to do...  He got it signed and actioned.  Which is what he stood on and did.

Brexit will never be "done" as a process...  But it IS what the public voted for and its something people like you just can't deal with.

I hate Brexit - I would reverse it if I could - but to view him carrying out an election pledge to push through a democratic referendum then you have a fundamental issue with democracy. 

Advisory referendum obviously 😉

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Dam right they do 🙂  hence why we live in a Tory / Brexit wonderland 🙂 

I would take that over @Crazyfool01 communist wonderland 😄 

imagine the world where the nhs worked fantastically, i'd get my german sis in law to run it as she always tells me what they do in germany, (she's an admin for german health service) when we don't get it here.

i gave the nhs a proper long test (around five hospitals) last year, and discovered its the nurses who make it work, when they're prepared to go the extra mile to do a great job.

2 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Apparently 13 weeks (aka 25% of the year) of parliamentary recess isn’t quite enough holiday for him 

he's famous for being a shirker, maybe truss's opinion of British workers is got from knowing Boris.

5 minutes ago, lost said:

Wallace vs Starmer PMQ's. It'd be about as exciting as those big train world staring contest sketches.

😄

I have no idea what Wallace is actually like...only that he wrote something all grown up and serious about the threat from Russia towards the start of the year.

Maybe though...a bit of boring might be a good thing. It's got too panto last few years.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

there will be lots of deals going on in the background...maybe between Sunak and Mordaunt like in that dream ticket story the other week..but which would be PM?

spaffer has been shown to reward his supporters, from the gongs hes handed out already. don't think he needs to make deals. mps will see that spaffer as pm works for them by keeping them their seats - and thats enough for most, the more ambitious just need to be boris fans from here, and they'll get rewarded.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Ok...so...

Sunak, Mordaunt, Wallace or Johnson?

BET NOW!

(I am going for Sunak).

Whoever gets it right can do the obligatory CALLED IT! thing.

Sunak, he got a lot of support last time with MPs and polls well with the members. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Replacement needs 100 votes … gonna be tight for Boris surely ? 

Yeah I’d say that rules him out. 

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

from that it looks like his approval rating was highest when he was in hospital almost dying from covid.

That was during the start of the pandemic and the ‘rally round the flag’ effect.