news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I think we should acknowledge what Keir Starmer has achieved. He’s managed to get rid of 2 Tory Prime Ministers in 2 months both of which had massive majorities. I think he’s the greatest LOTO we’ve ever had.

What a national treasure he is. 

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think we should acknowledge what Keir Starmer has achieved. He’s managed to get rid of 2 Tory Prime Ministers in 2 months both of which had massive majorities. I think he’s the greatest LOTO we’ve ever had.

They've shot themselves in the head. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

If it ends up with Mordaunt vs Sunak that goes to the membership...not sure who would win....the thinking in the summer was that it would be Mordaunt, but not so sure now that Sunak has kind of been proved right..and the fact that Mordaunt is kind of boring...

I don't think it will go to members. Think they will engineer something where the first is so far ahead, the second either pulls out or doesn't get to 100.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:36 PM, Punksnotdead said:

Fuck me. Liz Truss as P.M - just kill me now!

On 7/14/2022 at 9:39 PM, steviewevie said:

yeah...bring back Boris.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:40 PM, steviewevie said:

Bring Back Boris.

That will be his campaign slogan in a few years.

Only took three months, I'm really hoping he does come back, just to see Ozanne's reaction.

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

oh er Poll  ..... Political commentators saying they wont be able to unite .... nearly whole studio want a general Election in a tory seat 

Cheltenham is a marginal seat. It's been Lib Dem quite a few times. Also we voted remain. Alex Chalk will almost certainly lose his seat in the next GE.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

You honestly need to be sectioned for your own safety 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I’m fascinated to see what certain Tory MPs do if Johnson wins, do they carry through with their threats and trigger by-elections or resign the whip. It certainly won’t unite the party. 

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m fascinated to see what certain Tory MPs do if Johnson wins, do they carry through with their threats and trigger by-elections or resign the whip. It certainly won’t unite the party. 

He seems the most divisive to me … followed by sunak and mordant the least if they were the 3 

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

For those of us who want an early GE, he might be our best bet?

I still can't bring myself to want him to win though!

22 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

For those of us who want an early GE, he might be our best bet?

I still can't bring myself to want him to win though!

Yeah I think he might be for those very reason, it’s strange how things work sometimes isn’t it?