news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Does anyone think he might win them the next election?

If he was allowed to remain in office that long, then yeah, I could see that. People are idiots and have very short memories, and any of his prior misdeeds could easily be overlooked by far too many people if he comes and ‘fixes’ everything. For whatever reason (mostly because he’d be good to have a pint with, or something) people who like him really like him. A lovable buffoon. 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If he was allowed to remain in office that long, then yeah, I could see that. People are idiots and have very short memories, and any of his prior misdeeds could easily be overlooked by far too many people if he comes and ‘fixes’ everything. For whatever reason (mostly because he’d be good to have a pint with, or something) people who like him really like him. A lovable buffoon. 

While I agree with most of the points here I just think there are too many things now , he’s gone past a point of no return . If he comes back he won’t be any different and there will be plenty more scandals to come … if he could be absolutely squeaky clean then I guess there might be a remote chance but that’s just not how Boris works 

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

While I agree with most of the points here I just think there are too many things now , he’s gone past a point of no return . If he comes back he won’t be any different and there will be plenty more scandals to come … if he could be absolutely squeaky clean then I guess there might be a remote chance but that’s just not how Boris works 

Politicians rarely become more popular when in power, and Johnson had gone from pretty popular to really unpopular whilst PM, but people seem to have forgotten about all that whilst he's been out of the picture the last few months. Don't think it will take long before muscle memory kicks in and people remember what a c**t he is.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

this is exactly why he needs to win 

I see your point but people are suffering right now and I don’t see how more chaos is going to anything but make the situation worse for those already struggling. I know Rishi is hardly gonna start gifting money to people but at least he won’t scare the markets to make the country even poorer due to higher borrowing rates.

I would love the tories to implode at any other time in history but I don’t think that is a good thing for society today, too many people are already on a cliff edge 

3 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

I see your point but people are suffering right now and I don’t see how more chaos is going to anything but make the situation worse for those already struggling. I know Rishi is hardly gonna start gifting money to people but at least he won’t scare the markets to make the country even poorer due to higher borrowing rates.

I would love the tories to implode at any other time in history but I don’t think that is a good thing for society today, too many people are already on a cliff edge 

The quicker we get to a general election the better …. Whoever we get isn’t going to miraculously sort anything … absolutely grim I’m aware but it’s kind of where we are …just that Boris gets us to the general election and some kind of proper resolution rather than a Tory party fighting amongst themselves 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The quicker we get to a general election the better …. Whoever we get isn’t going to miraculously sort anything … absolutely grim I’m aware but it’s kind of where we are …just that Boris gets us to the general election and some kind of proper resolution rather than a Tory party fighting amongst themselves 

You don’t know that for certain. What is certain is that he will lead to more chaos. Even if Johnson got ousted as a result of the chaos im still not convinced we’d get an election given the tories care primarily about party than country and I don’t see them going to the country with the polls looking like they would lose heavily

Chris Mason said an election is least likely under Johnson as he is the only candidate with a mandate from the country from the 2019 election 

Edited by tigger123

15 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

You don’t know that for certain. What is certain is that he will lead to more chaos. Even if Johnson got ousted as a result of the chaos im still not convinced we’d get an election given the tories care primarily about party than country and I don’t see them going to the country with the polls looking like they would lose heavily

Chris Mason said an election is least likely under Johnson as he is the only candidate with a mandate from the country from the 2019 election 

More the fact he won’t bring unity he will cause mps fingers crossed to cross the floor … he’s also got an ongoing investigation into him .. we don’t know anything for certain tbh but that’s how I feel it would go … even Chris mason last night was saying he doesn’t have a clue either