news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

More the fact he won’t bring unity he will cause mps fingers crossed to cross the floor … he’s also got an ongoing investigation into him .. we don’t know anything for certain tbh but that’s how I feel it would go … even Chris mason last night was saying he doesn’t have a clue either 

Thing is I don't think Sunak will bring unity will he? Maybe he is a bit less marmite than Johnson, but there are plenty who don't like him because of tax rises etc. Don't think there is a unity candidate. Maybe Wallace could have done it, no idea. Surprised more people aren't going for Mordaunt who is kind of the boring middle ground one. They are in  a bit of a mess , their polling is terrible, the economy is fucked and may stay that way for a while, brexit is proving to be a shit idea, and they're kind of running out of ideas and steam.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Thing is I don't think Sunak will bring unity will he? Maybe he is a bit less marmite than Johnson, but there are plenty who don't like him because of tax rises etc. Don't think there is a unity candidate. Maybe Wallace could have done it, no idea. Surprised more people aren't going for Mordaunt who is kind of the boring middle ground one. They are in  a bit of a mess , their polling is terrible, the economy is fucked and may stay that way for a while, brexit is proving to be a shit idea, and they're kind of running out of ideas and steam.

My thoughts on Boris were that he’s divided them already when his cabinet got him kicked out … that won’t be possible to repair . Sunak I see as a bit more steady … maybe some might blame him for the demise of Boris  but I think most had probably got to that opinion anyway … apart from nadine 

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The reality is that there are so many influences and parameters to what might happen that I’m absolutely only guessing … I haven’t got a clue what might be the quickest way to get an election with the least damage to others . Just taking a punt really 

yeah...you may be right...everything so fast moving and chaotic.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Johnson is popular isn’t he?

He certainly is amongst Conservative voters, look at that column, 56% would be happy and 21% not too bothered either way, proof positive he can still get the Tories a better result than the others, the fact that 77% of Labour voters would be unhappy is irrelevant, they are not going to vote Tory whoever is in charge.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

A majority don’t want to see Johnson return, hardly the popular icon he’s been made out to be.

Not meaning to sound pedantic but a majority of people didn’t even vote for him in 2019, and clearly his support will be lower now than it was then given all the partying, lying, adultery etc etc 

9 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Not meaning to sound pedantic but a majority of people didn’t even vote for him in 2019, and clearly his support will be lower now than it was then given all the partying, lying, adultery etc etc 

That backs up my point quite nicely, because as the graph shows below Johnson wasn’t really popular in 2019 either and mainly won because he went up against an unpopular Corbyn and also Brexit. This adds evidence to those pointing out that Johnson isn’t popular. 

13 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Because there wasn't any partying, lying, and adultery before 2019?

Edited by kaosmark2

15 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Do they need to see if they have the numbers before coming out ? 

No they don’t but they would look foolish if they came out then got no votes.