news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Neil said:

opinion seems to be that spelling mistake will stay no matter who ends up as pm.

I’d be surprised to see Johnson stick with Hunt, they don’t seem very fond of each other. 

12 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

So where are these numbers then? If there’s 100 MPs backing Boris why aren’t they yet?

I don’t think there’s much in the fact that only 50 odd have come out publicly. It’s a secret ballot so they’ll just keep it private. Plus it’s all games anyway so there’ll be tactics to it. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think there’s much in the fact that only 50 odd have come out publicly. It’s a secret ballot so they’ll just keep it private. Plus it’s all games anyway so there’ll be tactics to it. 

Let’s face it coming out in public for many means embarrassing u turns 

17 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

So where are these numbers then? If there’s 100 MPs backing Boris why aren’t they yet?

its all about the vane man saying how popular he is!

1 minute ago, OverlyComplicated said:

It's not about vanity it's an attempted con. If Boris makes it to the members he'll win his main barrier is getting the nominations, so if you are a snivelling careerist Tory who wants to back the winner to get a better job you want to back Boris if he's going to get his 100 anyway otherwise your team Rishi. So Johnson is lying about having the numbers in an attempt to squeeze out a few more votes.

i agree with you, he'll be telling peeps he'll save them their seats.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

So will today be the day we see the coronation of Rishi Sunak as our next PM? It’s such a good democratic system we have where rich Tories can just keep appointing our leader.

There’s only one decision from the past few years that cannot be overturned under any circumstances.