news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I don't have too much a problem with this, we vote for parties not prime ministers, and we also live in a representative democracy and I think when in power it should be MPs choosing, not members...but a new leader should continue with the main themes of the manifesto, not something totally new like Truss (but saying that she said she was somehow sticking to health/social care spending pledges and levelling up etc).

"Could you imagine me becoming the Prime Minister of Pakistan or Saudi Arabia? No. Eighty five per cent of England are white English people and they want a Prime Minister who reflects that. I can’t just go to India and be the Prime Ministerthere can I?"
- some racist guy who called into LBC yesterday claiming Rishi didn’t “love Britain enough to be PM.”

oh lordy lord. I’m glad I left the UK.

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

We might as well just have the 1922 Committee decide who’ll be our Prime Minister for the rest of time now, that’s pretty much what happens anyway. 

yeah, they set the rules so spaffer couldn't win, and ensured that sunak would.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Hope Sunak is going to bin some of that stupid shit he was saying over the summer to win over tory members.

That’s what he’s really like. 

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

"Could you imagine me becoming the Prime Minister of Pakistan or Saudi Arabia? No. Eighty five per cent of England are white English people and they want a Prime Minister who reflects that. I can’t just go to India and be the Prime Ministerthere can I?"
- some racist guy who called into LBC yesterday claiming Rishi didn’t “love Britain enough to be PM.”

oh lordy lord. I’m glad I left the UK.

Deeply depressing. We are well overdue a non-white PM, though, even if he is a Tory c**t so, the racists will just have to stop being such snowflakes about it.

Where did you move out of interest? Leaving looks more and more appealing to me.

47 minutes ago, Neil said:

guy hands is not a worthwhile economic sage, he wasn't smart enough to know that EMI  was economically-fucked.

I know nothing about him except he is a financer/investor bloke....but these people always make mistakesm along the way, it's all about taking a punt,  risk etc. Anyway...he's just saying brexit has fucked us...and maybe he's right on that one...

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Do they realise what colonialism was@

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I know nothing about him except he is a financer/investor bloke....but these people always make mistakesm along the way, it's all about taking a punt,  risk etc. Anyway...he's just saying brexit has fucked us...and maybe he's right on that one...

he fucked his reputation and his investment fund when he bought EMI.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

The members should share the blame for voting to crash our economy to keep Sunak out, they in my view have lost the right to have a say.

they just had to pick a better pm than johnson, and they picked truss. this time they just have to pick someone better than truss.