news & politics:discussion

zahidf

56 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So, does everyone remember that super serious, important fiscal event that was coming on Oct 31st? You know the one that was going to reassure everyone and restore credibility to the country? Well it’s now probably going to be delayed the Tories are now arguing that it’s ok if it is delayed.

At one point it was the saving grace of our country and now it can wait a bit more. They are taking us all for fools. 

Think you are overstating it or looking for something that is not there. The importance of 31 October was clearly in the context of Liz Truss being in power still and trying to convince everyone her policies are not as crazy as they were. 90% of those policies have been scrapped already and we have a new PM, so it is not as important now, so a week or so delay is not the end of the world or some massive political own goal. 

30 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Think you are overstating it or looking for something that is not there. The importance of 31 October was clearly in the context of Liz Truss being in power still and trying to convince everyone her policies are not as crazy as they were. 90% of those policies have been scrapped already and we have a new PM, so it is not as important now, so a week or so delay is not the end of the world or some massive political own goal. 

Why was it 31 Oct? Any relevance for that date?

30 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

So the super, serious, important fiscal event they’ve been droning in about for weeks wasn’t actually that important at all and they’ve been full of it. Shocker. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So the super, serious, important fiscal event they’ve been droning in about for weeks wasn’t actually that important at all and they’ve been full of it. Shocker. 

it was important at time because markets were spooked by Trussonomics...but things seems to have stabilised since Hunt came in and then Truss replaced by Sunak.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Did you read what I said? The reversals that have been made plus the political upheaval since has dramatically reduced the significance/need for the statement since it was pencilled in.

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Why are you so incapable of reading what someone has posted, understanding it and actually replying to what they say?

14 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Did you read what I said? The reversals that have been made plus the political upheaval since has dramatically reduced the significance/need for the statement since it was pencilled in.

Yes I read it and responded to it.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it was important at time because markets were spooked by Trussonomics...but things seems to have stabilised since Hunt came in and then Truss replaced by Sunak.

If that’s the case then why was Hunt bleating on about the event after he replaced her tax cuts? They want us to take events seriously and just accept any changes again when it suits them like the mindless sheep they think we are. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

If that’s the case then why was Hunt bleating on about the event after he replaced her tax cuts? They want us to take events seriously and just accept any changes again when it suits them like the mindless sheep they think we are. 

So maybe you only partially read mine and stevie's responses, given the other massive factor in diminishing the importance of this statement is that Truss is not PM anymore and the markets have stabilised? 

2 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

So maybe you only partially read mine and stevie's responses, given the other massive factor in diminishing the importance of this statement is that Truss is not PM anymore and the markets have stabilised? 

Please can you not make assumptions about whether I’ve read the posts, I did and responded accordingly. There’s no need to talk to me like that.

I’ve said my thoughts on it, it looks like they’ve back tracked in something they once claimed was super serious and now will expect us to just accept that.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

well, circumstances have changed and they want to give OBR more time to take into account recent changes in bond markets which will hopefully means we have a smaller hole to fill.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Please can you not make assumptions about whether I’ve read the posts, I did and responded accordingly. There’s no need to talk to me like that.

I’ve said my thoughts on it, it looks like they’ve back tracked in something they once claimed was super serious and now will expect us to just accept that.

😂

You ignored 5 or 6 posts from stevie and I explaining why this delay to the budget statement is not the massive own goal you are portraying it to be, hence why my patience got tested. You have this habit of trying to make this thread an echo chamber where only your view matters and you will not change it - the vast majority of people that post here dislike the Tories as well but there is enough material to beat them with without having to paint this arguably sensible delay to a budget statement as some massive controversy/conspiracy.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well, circumstances have changed and they want to give OBR more time to take into account recent changes in bond markets which will hopefully means we have a smaller hole to fill.

It’s just another u turn from them.

Hooray for the Tories, aren’t we lucky to have them. 

4 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

😂

You ignored 5 or 6 posts from stevie and I explaining why this delay to the budget statement is not the massive own goal you are portraying it to be, hence why my patience got tested. You have this habit of trying to make this thread an echo chamber where only your view matters and you will not change it - the vast majority of people that post here dislike the Tories as well but there is enough material to beat them with without having to paint this arguably sensible delay to a budget statement as some massive controversy/conspiracy.

Please can you stop assuming I’m not reading your posts, I have done.

I disagree with your assessment but it definitely isn’t a conspiracy.

Everyone’s views matter here but because you are being strangely personal I will not engage with you here anymore as no one wants to read that. Have a nice day. 

Edited by Ozanne

The serious, contrite tone that Sunak took yesterday appears to be a complete facade. He sidestepped every attack on him and just responded with the same old tired Johnson responses. No integrity there at all.