news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I guess the climate change problem is too big a problem..so may as well not worry about it. Fuck it.

It's way too late anyway, unless we more or less stop producing anything (immediately) that's not needed to sustain life and even then it probably isn't enough.

25 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It's way too late anyway, unless we more or less stop producing anything (immediately) that's not needed to sustain life and even then it probably isn't enough.

I am cynical as well but that doesnt stop me trying my best. This is best in a different thread of its own but Big Oil are funding research into technocratic methods to geoengineer the climate. For them they won't have to hit Net Zero.

17 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

On the climate change point, has anyone noticed how unseasonably warm it still is? It is nearly November and I could have got away with walking around in a t-shirt and shorts this evening.

Aye, it's warm right enough! For once I'm not complaining, given how expensive it is to heat my flat at the moment - although I realise that's a pretty selfish point of view!

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Couple of big mistakes early in his time in office … copping out of kop , and Suella … wonder how much leeway he gets with electorate … and how long before opinion turns and thinks he’s another Boris bullshitter ? 

quite big maybe...not sure many people actually give a shit about cop, and I reckon suella will be out if she makes one more fuck up...and then the right will lose their flagbearer in the cabinet.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

quite big maybe...not sure many people actually give a shit about cop, and I reckon suella will be out if she makes one more fuck up...and then the right will lose their flagbearer in the cabinet.

difficult to tell on cop ... hopefully youngsters ... if she goes the torys / or tories ? which is it ? get destabilised because of 1922 committee causing issues