news & politics:discussion

zahidf

40 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just think of the money that could have been coming into the countries bank account if that company was owned by the state. 

Oh it was. I wonder which idiots sold it off. 

We have to protect investment, I for one am excited to see the results of all this investment in the North Sea.

Looks like the Tories were proved correct on this as well. 

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

There is no obligation for an mp to attend parliament. Sinn Fein MPs don't attend.

He clearly wouldn’t be doing constituency work. I want my MP to be working on my behalf not jetting off around the world on holidays or vanity projects.

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

He clearly wouldn’t be doing constituency work. I want my MP to be working on my behalf not jetting off around the world on holidays or vanity projects.

You may want that, but it's not how our system works. If you aren't happy with MP attendance you vote out in a general election. There is no recall system in place for constituent dissatisfaction.

14 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

You may want that, but it's not how our system works. If you aren't happy with MP attendance you vote out in a general election. There is no recall system in place for constituent dissatisfaction.

I know how our system works. I was merely pointing out how it’s a joke that MPs can swan off on holiday instead of going to Parliament when it’s sitting. Silly me for thinking that wouldn’t be such an outrageous thought. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I know how our system works. I was merely pointing out how it’s a joke that MPs can swan off on holiday instead of going to Parliament when it’s sitting. Silly me for thinking that wouldn’t be such an outrageous thought. 

Sir Keir Starmer visits Berlin Wall on trip to Germany | The Independent

You ignored this one though?? 🤣

32 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

yeah, it is a bit shit...they get loads of time off in summer too.

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I agree. I think there should be a proper recall system in place, but Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. The current system allows an MP to win an election and get paid the full amount even if they don't do anything.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

The next Tory scandal is brewing nicely. It’s rumour that Braverman didn’t have the required security clearances for doing her job and could be why she thought it was ok to send sensitive information on a non secure server. 

Where you seen this?