news & politics:discussion

zahidf

But he said he was too busy with the economic difficulties to go. Is he no longer busy? Are there no longer economic difficulties? Or does he have no clue what he’s doing?

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

But he said he was too busy with the economic difficulties to go. Is he no longer busy? Are there no longer economic difficulties? Or does he have no clue what he’s doing?

A tory who doesn't know what he is doing, surely not. 

26 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Lots of Braverman and her fuckups … sunak using the same blaming of corbyn line … doesn’t seem to have much else in his locker 

Unfortunately it is this type of thing that will stick with the public. I have lost count of the amount of times over the last 3 years people confidently reply "at least it's not Corbyn" when questioned about the various Tory scandals since the election, continuing even to this day. 

9 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Unfortunately it is this type of thing that will stick with the public. I have lost count of the amount of times over the last 3 years people confidently reply "at least it's not Corbyn" when questioned about the various Tory scandals since the election, continuing even to this day. 

i just wonder if they can't find a suitable rebuff to it ... 

The Corbyn line doesn’t really stick with the public, all it does is remind them that the guy isn’t even a Labour MP anymore and how everyone has moved on.

Sunak has 2 responses to Starmer at PMQs. Remain & Corbyn. He hasn’t got anything else. 

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The Corbyn line doesn’t really stick with the public, all it does is remind them that the guy isn’t even a Labour MP anymore and how everyone has moved on.

Sunak has 2 responses to Starmer at PMQs. Remain & Corbyn. He hasn’t got anything else. 

it does though ..... as mentioned above and thats why they still use it 

Edited by Crazyfool01

The Corbyn line doesn’t work. People much more knowledgeable than me confirm this to be the case:

Britain Elects Co-Founder who writes up polling data:

Political Journalist:

Polling data from the last few days:

Yes he's clearly not Corbyn. First PMQ's I caught in a while, Starmer was attacking the government from the right on migration complaining illegal immigration was out of control and that zero people have been deported to Rwanda. 

I'm guessing both parties are looking at the seats they need to win (the red wall) which is why Braverman got the job in the first place despite the political risks around the security breach.

Starmer will win but as I keep saying his issue will be that as he's moved to be inline with the general population he'll be out of line with his supporters and some of his MP's who are still in that Corbyn position.

23 minutes ago, lost said:

Yes he's clearly not Corbyn. First PMQ's I caught in a while, Starmer was attacking the government from the right on migration complaining illegal immigration was out of control and that zero people have been deported to Rwanda. 

I'm guessing both parties are looking at the seats they need to win (the red wall) which is why Braverman got the job in the first place despite the political risks around the security breach.

Starmer will win but as I keep saying his issue will be that as he's moved to be inline with the general population he'll be out of line with his supporters and some of his MP's who are still in that Corbyn position.

you kind of twisted that a bit...as if Starmer attacking from right...what he is saying is the current asylum system is broken...

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you kind of twisted that a bit...as if Starmer attacking from right...what he is saying is the current asylum system is broken...

He said illegal immigration was out of control. Wouldn't the Corbyn line be "no human is illegal"?

Differentiating between people who enter the country legally and illegally puts him out of step with alot of the activists in his party.

Edited by lost

It’s not common at all for a Labour leader to be so attacking on immigration. They normally steer well clear of the issue. The other aspect which should be worrying for the Tories was so successful Starmer’s attacks all were in the issue. 

13 minutes ago, lost said:

He said illegal immigration was out of control. Wouldn't the Corbyn line be "no human is illegal"?

Differentiating between people who enter the country legally and illegally puts him out of step with alot of the activists in his party.

maybe Corbyn would focus more on the human misery as opposed to the scary we're going to be swamped aspect...but I think everyone would agree the system is a total mess...