news & politics:discussion

zahidf

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s not common at all for a Labour leader to be so attacking on immigration. They normally steer well clear of the issue. The other aspect which should be worrying for the Tories was so successful Starmer’s attacks all were in the issue. 

yeah, by bringing up corbyn all the time shows they haven't got much to go on...

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, by bringing up corbyn all the time shows they haven't got much to go on...

The people’s prince still living rent free in everybody’s head. In fairness to Sunak, Starmer is equally if not more Corbyn obsessed 

Edited by mattiloy

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but no one is as obsessed as you.

The only honest leader in british politics in my lifetime. A whisker away from a progressive revolution. Scuppered by the might of the liberal establishment, apoplectic at the fact they might not get away with dodging tax anymore.

I’m obsessed with not allowing the victors to rewrite history anyway

Edited by mattiloy
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Data shows that people aren’t bothered by the Corbyn attack lines, in fact as I pointed out people tend to say it’s more unfair on Starmer. 

data being the polls you choose to post ... do you take everything as so black and white ?  I was having a chat with a  friend on Monday who's Dad has been heavily influenced by the daily mail .... so much so he doesnt access any other news ... he will be someone that believes the corbyn stuff and votes accordingly 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

data being the polls you choose to post ... do you take everything as so black and white ?  I was having a chat with a  friend on Monday who's Dad has been heavily influenced by the daily mail .... so much so he doesnt access any other news ... he will be someone that believes the corbyn stuff and votes accordingly 

The latest polling I’ve seen on the data I’ve shared, if you can find any others instead of something anecdotal then please do share.

I’ve also shared commentary from people who know much more about this stuff than me, which would indicate that the Corbyn line of attack doesn’t do much. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

first thing from Ben Walker is Anecdotal evidence @Ozannes5thAccount second twitter account talks about 46% .... hardly conclusive Is it ? maybe my anecdotal evidence falls amongst the other 54%  ..... In amongst the accurate twitter polls . 

It’s more conclusive than your friends Dad who hasn’t actually said either on the matter.

All I’m saying is from the data I’ve seen and analysis that those Corbyn lines of attack don’t work. If anything they do the opposite to remind people of how Corbyn was removed as a Labour MP and the Party has improved in their eyes since then. If you have any data that goes against that please do share. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It’s more conclusive than your friends Dad who hasn’t actually said either on the matter.

All I’m saying is from the data I’ve seen and analysis that those Corbyn lines of attack don’t work. If anything they do the opposite to remind people of how Corbyn was removed as a Labour MP and the Party has improved in their eyes since then. If you have any data that goes against that please do share. 

hang on ill just make a twitter account 

47 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

The only honest leader in british politics in my lifetime. A whisker away from a progressive revolution. Scuppered by the might of the liberal establishment, apoplectic at the fact they might not get away with dodging tax anymore.

I’m obsessed with not allowing the victors to rewrite history anyway

scuppered by those bloody working class twats up north.

Fair play for sharing the polling/focus group stuff re Corbyn and that is encouraging to see. I was also just going off anecdotal evidence from people I know who vote for the Tories historically, e.g. grandparents/my Mum (unfortunately) and her friends who all parrot that line and still do to this day. Hopefully it doesn't stick - it probably won't this time given the absolute mess we are in with people concerned about eating or heating...

9 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Fair play for sharing the polling/focus group stuff re Corbyn and that is encouraging to see. I was also just going off anecdotal evidence from people I know who vote for the Tories historically, e.g. grandparents/my Mum (unfortunately) and her friends who all parrot that line and still do to this day. Hopefully it doesn't stick - it probably won't this time given the absolute mess we are in with people concerned about eating or heating...

By the time of the next election think it will be pretty clear to even those who don't follow politics much that corbyn has gone. Have to see how united labour remain though, especially when/if polls start narrowing.

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

The Corbyn line doesn’t really stick with the public, all it does is remind them that the guy isn’t even a Labour MP anymore and how everyone has moved on.

Sunak has 2 responses to Starmer at PMQs. Remain & Corbyn. He hasn’t got anything else. 

Wonder where you got that ? 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah must be a coincidence of course just like the other plagiarised stuff off twitter over the years … 

jeez, bit lame. We all get info from different media, including twitter. So what? Ozanne's argument is that Sunak using Corbyn all the time in attacking Starmer is not having cut through, and then backed it up with some people who know stuff on twitter.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

jeez, bit lame. We all get info from different media, including twitter. So what? Ozanne's argument is that Sunak using Corbyn all the time in attacking Starmer is not having cut through, and then backed it up with some people who know stuff on twitter.

It’s not his argument it’s someone else’s he’s not quoting a post he’s using it as his own thoughts … it’s plagiarism … in school it used to be called cheating when using it for essays … I mean yeah I’m sure we’ve all done it but don’t be trying to claim yourself as some kind of political expert … when the thoughts are mostly copied from others off twitter … if Twitter is your thing and you agree it’s quite easy to post that and agree with it