news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s not his argument it’s someone else’s he’s not quoting a post he’s using it as his own thoughts … it’s plagiarism … in school it used to be called cheating when using it for essays … I mean yeah I’m sure we’ve all done it but don’t be trying to claim yourself as some kind of political expert … when the thoughts are mostly copied from others off twitter … if Twitter is your thing and you agree it’s quite easy to post that and agree with it 

Weren't you off to make up a fake Twitter profile to back up your argument, how's that going for you?

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Irony Tom … heard of that ? 

Jeez, what's wrong with you this evening? It's not my fault you haven't been able to find any data/info to back your previous point.

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s not his argument it’s someone else’s he’s not quoting a post he’s using it as his own thoughts … it’s plagiarism … in school it used to be called cheating when using it for essays … I mean yeah I’m sure we’ve all done it but don’t be trying to claim yourself as some kind of political expert … when the thoughts are mostly copied from others off twitter … if Twitter is your thing and you agree it’s quite easy to post that and agree with it 

ok...I'm not sure I want to get involved in such a pathetic argument, but I'm a bit drunk so I will. He just stated something that he may or may not have read somewhere...as do I, as do many others, we don't have totally independent thoughts or opinions all the time, we digest opinions from different places and then form our own. He was arguing that the Corbyn line didn't have cut through as some expected, and you took exception to it for some reason. Difference was he had actually some others opinions to back it up and post on here, whereas you had diddlyjacksquat but just a feeling it would for Mail online posters, which is fair enough, but don't go all fucking toddler tantrum on it.

Just now, steviewevie said:

ok...I'm not sure I want to get involved in such a pathetic argument, but I'm a bit drunk so I will. He just stated something that he may or may not have read somewhere...as do I, as do many others, we don't have totally independent thoughts or opinions all the time, we digest opinions from different places and then form our own. He was arguing that the Corbyn line didn't have cut through as some expected, and you took exception to it for some reason. Difference was he had actually some others opinions to back it up and post on here, whereas you had diddlyjacksquat but just a feeling it would for Mail online posters, which is fair enough, but don't go all fucking toddler tantrum on it.

Thanks stevie … one day you might see past the Tom act … sometimes it takes a while 

13 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I can’t be assed to waste my time 

Yet you could be assed wasting your time unnecessarily calling me out this evening in the first place, I dare say you are talking rubbish.

Edited by Ozanne

In fairness Ozanne does have form in repeating verbatim material from twitter and passing it off as his own.

It doesn’t really matter but it is weird.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

and then backed it up with some people who know stuff on twitter.

And whilst it doesn’t matter, it is tedious that the extent of the debate is often is simply the regurgitation of centrist talking heads on twitter with only deference ’people who know stuff’ and zero critique.

Also, where is your data on that this corbyn stuff is ineffective @Ozanne? I’m more than a little skeptical.

9 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

In fairness Ozanne does have form in repeating verbatim material from twitter and passing it off as his own.

It doesn’t really matter but it is weird.

And whilst it doesn’t matter, it is tedious that the extent of the debate is often is simply the regurgitation of centrist talking heads on twitter with only deference ’people who know stuff’ and zero critique.

Also, where is your data on that this corbyn stuff is ineffective @Ozanne? I’m more than a little skeptical.

You want proof that corbyn isn't still damaging to labour's chances?

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

By the time of the next election think it will be pretty clear to even those who don't follow politics much that corbyn has gone. Have to see how united labour remain though, especially when/if polls start narrowing.

I think beyond left wing Twitter most have forgotten about Jez. It's hard to paint Starmer as a Corbynite when he was involved in removing the whip. I can't see the attack line working.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

I think beyond left wing Twitter most have forgotten about Jez. It's hard to paint Starmer as a Corbynite when he was involved in removing the whip. I can't see the attack line working.

It also looks like Labour will be going up against Corbyn in Islington North, which will only nullify the attack line even more.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It also looks like Labour will be going up against Corbyn in Islington North, which will only nullify the attack line even more.

Poetic justice would be Labour one short of a majority with Corbyn sitting as an independent 🤞 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Or maybe they both watched the same PMQs and made the same observations as have many others on twatterland.

Yeah that will be it 🤣

Hilarious how much you defend the guy. Everyone's seen him nicking stuff off twitter and putting it on here and claiming he's some sort of political whizz for like 3 years now.

The guy has ruined this thread.

8 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Lots of Braverman and her fuckups … sunak using the same blaming of corbyn line … doesn’t seem to have much else in his locker 

labour will never skewer the tories on immigration, as the tories will just say that labour will open the floodgates.

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I wondered if Corbyn would retire at the end of this Parliament to take on his other projects like the Peace and Justice campaign he's started.

And just become another protest nutter like his brother in an attempt to stay in the public eye?

Hopefully the lack of red rosette should mean the end of Corbyn as a MP anyway once the election comes.