news & politics:discussion

zahidf

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They’ll aim to cut taxes for working people but increase taxes on wealthy individuals. Have faith. 

How is he going to pivot left once in power if he’s also stuffing his candidate lists with right wingers? And if he doesn’t have any mandate to do so having campaigned on a right wing platform.

The man has done you up like a kipper. I look forward to the buyer’s remorse in a few years time. Its as deluded as brexiteers. Just ignore all the evidence and crack on

10 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

How is he going to pivot left once in power if he’s also stuffing his candidate lists with right wingers? And if he doesn’t have any mandate to do so having campaigned on a right wing platform.

The man has done you up like a kipper. I look forward to the buyer’s remorse in a few years time. Its as deluded as brexiteers. Just ignore all the evidence and crack on

because he lies in election campaigns?

I mean..it is an interview with the telegraph. It is aimed at a certain section of the electorate. They obviously need to appeal to some people who have voted tory in the past. The polls are good for labour...but there are a lot of Don't Knows, which are probably a lot of quiet tories who are fed up with their own party, but who may well vote tory in the next election. It looks a lot more comfortable for Labour than it probably is.

fuck knows what will happen...all will depend on what shit state we're in in a couple of years...he's just trying to get labour in power first, which means saying some shit that some of us might not like, like "cutting taxes for working people" and "we're not going to do a swiss type deal with EU whatever the fuck that is".

40 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

If what he says isn't evidence of what he believes, he shouldn't be in power.

He said he believes in a wealth tax and Labour are working on plans for one therefore with your logic that is evidence enough. 

39 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

A so called wealth tax will be a tax on stocks and shares...  Which in the end will hit everyones pensions...  

I don't understand the logic here, why does taxing S&S (like through dividend or CGT tax changes) affect pensions? Unless they're pension-specific changes I don't see how it would affect them... Maybe you're talking about some sort of knock on effect to state pensions, but then I still don't really follow

Edited by cellar

30 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Cool, so I've seen evidence that he panders to racists and has authoritarian principles.

So you admit there is sufficient evidence that he’ll bring about policies to tax wealth, that’s good. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So you admit there is sufficient evidence that he’ll bring about policies to tax wealth, that’s good. 

Yes? I'm perfectly happy praising him for the good things, I just don't idolise him and will point out his failings.

3 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Yes? I'm perfectly happy praising him for the good things, I just don't idolise him and will point out his failings.

I’m saying it’s good we confirmed there is sufficient evidence that Labour will tax wealth. We are on the same page.