news & politics:discussion

zahidf

59 minutes ago, Ozanne said:
I think this is basically why Labour‘s Brexit policy is what it is currently. 

there's no reversing brexit, re-joining would be on very different and more-unacceptable, terms.

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

there's no reversing brexit, re-joining would be on very different and more-unacceptable, terms.

There is that too, we wouldn’t have the deal we had before.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I think this is basically why Labour‘s Brexit policy is what it is currently. 

I wasnt saying labour should go full on lets rejoin by the way .... i just think they shouldn't be full on ruling it out at this stage as things start to turn ....... words like we will go with what the public want would give them options further down the line and cover off the democratic vote bit .... at some point they will need to start heading in the other direction as thats where the votes will be 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I wasnt saying labour should go full on lets rejoin by the way .... i just think they shouldn't be full on ruling it out at this stage as things start to turn ....... words like we will go with what the public want would give them options further down the line and cover off the democratic vote bit .... at some point they will need to start heading in the other direction as thats where the votes will be 

Yes they will but that point isn’t now. 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

or maybe it is 🙂 

That was my point from the tweet I posted above, more people would rather try to make the best of Brexit so Labour are tailoring their policy accordingly.

The time will come when that changes, that just isn’t now. 

15 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I think you need to check my posts and present an accurate picture … in feb I was cautiously in favour of opening up … as for China the situation is very different there as I’m sure you are well aware … low vaccine uptake amongst the elderly , a poor vaccine and very authoritarian regime … not a great mix ..hopefully the virus has mutated enough so as to not cause them many issues with lower numbers having had it . 

Have to see how much escalates...could just fade away after a while, or could be a crackdown like in Tiananmen sq or Hong Kong, or maybe Xi will give way on some of the zero covid policies. Cases are rising there though, and Xi seems very determined with the zero covid thing. I don't think they have used any of the "western" mRna vaccines for some reason, so haven't got very good immunity coverage, not sure if they have their own and how that is going.

Edited by steviewevie

7 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Given what's going on in China with their total discredited zero covid policy I thought I would take a peek it our resident nutters in Pagel and Deepti.  Seems Pagel has realised there is no traction in keep banging on about covid but Deepti is as insane as ever.  Its a good read really if you find nutty a good read.  Poor women.

I think Deepti was showing throughout COVID that she also had some other problems which have then spiralled to the stage now where she is still very cautious almost 2 years on from the worst of the pandemic.

8 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Given what's going on in China with their total discredited zero covid policy I thought I would take a peek it our resident nutters in Pagel and Deepti.  Seems Pagel has realised there is no traction in keep banging on about covid but Deepti is as insane as ever.  Its a good read really if you find nutty a good read.  Poor women.

Sorry I was blind through most of Covid. Who are Pagel and Deepti?

anyway, despite Baz Fish desperately trying to reignite some witch/femalescientist burning that was all so popular amongst a certain type of moron on here for a while, the situation in China is kind of important...they have fucked it up no doubt, way over the top with the draconian shit, locking people in their apartments and then tragedies like the recent fire that killed some people, but at same time their zero covid dynamic lockdowns thing has probably saved a lot of lives and kept their health services from being overwhelmed...but now they are at a point where  population who are split being scared and fed up, a crappy vaccine rollout, and an authoritarian leader who's made the zero covid policy his great success and something he needs to see out, and a shitload of people to keep happy with no plebiscite, and at same time zero covid is fucking their economy but also fucking the global economy too. Could be a disaster this for Xi, who knows...more likely they will clamp down and really push some sort of vaccine thing quick smart. They kind of need to.

12 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Have to see how much escalates...could just fade away after a while, or could be a crackdown like in Tiananmen sq or Hong Kong, or maybe Xi will give way on some of the zero covid policies. Cases are rising there though, and Xi seems very determined with the zero covid thing. I don't think they have used any of the "western" mRna vaccines for some reason, so haven't got very good immunity coverage, not sure if they have their own and how that is going.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

anyway, despite Baz Fish desperately trying to reignite some witch/femalescientist burning that was all so popular amongst a certain type of moron on here for a while, the situation in China is kind of important...they have fucked it up no doubt, way over the top with the draconian shit, locking people in their apartments and then tragedies like the recent fire that killed some people, but at same time their zero covid dynamic lockdowns thing has probably saved a lot of lives and kept their health services from being overwhelmed...but now they are at a point where  population who are split being scared and fed up, a crappy vaccine rollout, and an authoritarian leader who's made the zero covid policy his great success and something he needs to see out, and a shitload of people to keep happy with no plebiscite, and at same time zero covid is fucking their economy but also fucking the global economy too. Could be a disaster this for Xi, who knows...more likely they will clamp down and really push some sort of vaccine thing quick smart. They kind of need to.

The Covid vaccines don't offer immunity from infection, even the vaccine manufacturers have never claimed they did, the only thing the vaccines do is reduce the chance of severe disease. It's a bit depressing that someone who followed the covid threads doesn't understand this, makes you wonder what the general public's understanding is.

22 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

The Covid vaccines don't offer immunity from infection, even the vaccine manufacturers have never claimed they did, the only thing the vaccines do is reduce the chance of severe disease. It's a bit depressing that someone who followed the covid threads doesn't understand this, makes you wonder what the general public's understanding is.

Oh right.. it's that bloke..

27 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Did I say vaccines stop infection?  You still think it's spread by 5G?

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Did I say vaccines stop infection?  You still think it's spread by 5G?

"Did I say vaccines stop infection?", yes you did, I even highlighted the part of your post that claimed that,

"You still think it's spread by 5G?" Never thought that, you really should have paid more attention when we had a Covid thread. No point in having one now though, no chance of any sensible response.

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

"Did I say vaccines stop infection?", yes you did, I even highlighted the part of your post that claimed that,

"You still think it's spread by 5G?" Never thought that, you really should have paid more attention when we had a Covid thread. No point in having one now though, no chance of any sensible response.

...and where did I say they stop infection?

And yeah, no chance of a sensible response so fuck off weird twat.

• Upvote 1