news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Anne Sacoolas gets a 8 month suspended sentence for killing Harry Dunn by careless driving.

Bit of a shit show really.  

Shame she didn't come over to face the Judge.

Family seem happy with the outcome so that is good

US government getting it in the neck

Mordaunt’s party’s policies caused this poverty, & she wants gratitude for throwing some money at food banks which she’s trying to rebrand as pantries to try shift the focus. She's also happy to use them to plug her book which she’s included in that tweet. That‘s disgusting and typical of the Tories. 

9 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Watched first 3 episodes yet?

I played on my phone while my better half watched it.  It's utter horseshit.  I'm no big fan of the royals, but there's some pretty low blows from the ginge and the terrible actress.  I'm not sure if many people in the country actually care that she is mixed race, but they paint Britain as out to get her.  I'd imagine the main reason they are hated is because of the attention seeking behaviour.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

brexit freedoms for the city to be announced today...great news for those poor bankers...

How come it’s always the regular folk that have to take the brunt of economic hardship. We hear that we can’t give decent pay rises to workers yet no one ever says anything about Executives, bosses or MPs getting whopping bonuses or pay rises?

27 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

I'm not sure if many people in the country actually care that she is mixed race, but they paint Britain as out to get her.  I'd imagine the main reason they are hated is because of the attention seeking behaviour.

It appears to be an American thing. Trevor Noah did a similar bit on the daily show basically saying the only way you can have an issue with Sunak becoming PM is if you are a racist. Worst thing about twitter and the like is American and British politics mixing.

30 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

How come it’s always the regular folk that have to take the brunt of economic hardship. We hear that we can’t give decent pay rises to workers yet no one ever says anything about Executives, bosses or MPs getting whopping bonuses or pay rises?

This country is massively reliant on its financial industry, and I guess the hope is relaxing restrictions brought in after the crash will help with growth etc, especially after brexit and city of London not being as dominant as it once was.

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This country is massively reliant on its financial industry, and I guess the hope is relaxing restrictions brought in after the crash will help with growth etc, especially after brexit and city of London not being as dominant as it once was.

Oh yeah I know, I guess my comment wasn’t completely related but it just feels like if it’s regular folk wanting more we get told to suck it essentially but others don’t.

It's actually a mugs game and because the press love to run stories regarding "rich bankers" there is always a new set of mugs queuing up every year.

You have to be at your desk 1 maybe 2 hours before the market opens which means really you have to pay zone 1 London rents as public transport tends to be patchy that time. You'll actually be living very frugally during your first few years. Your pissing your 20's up the wall going in in the dark and home in the dark for the promise of being one of the less than 1% who end up earning the big bucks. 

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

But they are still busting a gut while the likes of Ozanne post on efestivals all day moaning about how they dont get given a free lunch.  

says man who sits posting on efestivals all day?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lost said:

It's actually a mugs game and because the press love to run stories regarding "rich bankers" there is always a new set of mugs queuing up every year.

You have to be at your desk 1 maybe 2 hours before the market opens which means really you have to pay zone 1 London rents as public transport tends to be patchy that time. You'll actually be living very frugally during your first few years. Your pissing your 20's up the wall going in in the dark and home in the dark for the promise of being one of the less than 1% who end up earning the big bucks. 

yeah, the poor things. I'd much rather be wiping some old man's bum.