news & politics:discussion

zahidf

heard a tory yesterday  complaining that radio four has nothing positive to say about the uk, which just made me think that the tories should do something positive that the beeb could report.

Just now, Barry Fish said:

I feel a "lag" now with pretty much every company I engage with now.  Its pretty clear Brexit and Covid have caused a huge inefficiency / staffing crisis across the country.  Its madness.  They voted for Brexit to make this country great again and utterly ruined it.

still waiting

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I feel a "lag" now with pretty much every company I engage with now.  Its pretty clear Brexit and Covid have caused a huge inefficiency / staffing crisis across the country.  Its madness.  They voted for Brexit to make this country great again and utterly ruined it.

levelling down?

your call is important to us, but not important enough to answer

On 1/13/2023 at 4:13 PM, steviewevie said:

Interesting framing.

What exactly is Corbyn-era about leaks and a legal dispute that all occurred under Starmer’s leadership?

Also massive lol at Sir 4D chess for doubling down on bankrupting the party, the thickest leader Labour have ever had.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Well its a view point we have on other state benefits...

Remember all those nasty rich parents who used to be able to claim child benefit...  Maybe those same nasty rich people should have to pay for health care... 

My concern about expecting the rich to pay for private healthcare is you can be sure future governments will widen the definition of rich when they need additional funds and soon the NHS will be gone. While it isn’t perfect I still believe universal health care paid through tax is the least worst option.

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I don't think it really matters either way but it's a good bit of whataboutery from GF to shift the focus from Sunak.

At least Starmer will be more likely to know of the struggles seen with the NHS than Sunak.