news & politics:discussion

zahidf

On 2/1/2023 at 5:40 AM, philipsteak said:

to go on an do the big shows he subsequently did)

heard today hes in new zealand filming series 2, after filming series 1 in LA (our flag means death), its a hard life.

I won’t link to it because it’s The Scum but 30p Lee wrote an opinion piece that was equal parts ‘woe is me’ and ‘Labour are the real Nasty Party’. It almost read like a parody as he rattled off every culture war ‘debate’ (Starmer not saying what a woman is, Labour shutting down free speech - while his party take the right to strike away, immigrants, how he was right about 30p and the ‘left-wing media reaction’ to his death penalty thoughts etc).

Can definitely see who they’re trying to appeal to with this appointment.

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

I won’t link to it because it’s The Scum but 30p Lee wrote an opinion piece that was equal parts ‘woe is me’ and ‘Labour are the real Nasty Party’. It almost read like a parody as he rattled off every culture war ‘debate’ (Starmer not saying what a woman is, Labour shutting down free speech - while his party take the right to strike away, immigrants, how he was right about 30p and the ‘left-wing media reaction’ to his death penalty thoughts etc).

I know who they are trying to appeal, but not convinced most of these people know who the bloke is. My old constituency of Wrexham went to the dark side last election, I am almost certain they will go back. I don’t sense a love for labour, but think Brexit and Corbyn were the issues last time.

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Yes, but at same time he is a risk because he tends to say dumb things.

Edited by steviewevie

34 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yup but it's telling how it combines with Labour not representing the typical working class voter more and more. 

They are the party of the benefit claimant / woke warrior / something for nothing crew.  

You had the daily Mail for breakfast … you sound more and more like you quote from them every day 

59 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The question is has the red wall collapsed or was it just a temporary movement to get Brexit done and stop Corbyn. I think we need more evidence.

Isn't labour polling much better in red wall now Brexit is "done", Corbyn no longer leader and all the Tory lies about Brexit and levelling up etc? 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Isn't labour polling much better in red wall now Brexit is "done", Corbyn no longer leader and all the Tory lies about Brexit and levelling up etc? 

Pretty much. It’s a combination of those things plus the Tories own issues along with Sunak not appealing to red wall voters.

49 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

any more on that potential thing tomorrow ? 

It’s to do with Government Procurement Cards, there’s some info in this little thread. 

Edited by Ozanne

19 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So this GPC story is basically a government doesn't run for free story lol 

no, its tories can spaff money, and aren't good guardians of the economy.