news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Situation seems a win win for the unionists. Humza could be as likely to split the party as Forbes. You'd expect the Siol nan Gaidheal lot to be straight over to Alba.

I'd say that's a win for SNP broadening their appeal.

(but I think the independence movement is fucked without Sturgeon...for now anyway...)

Just now, steviewevie said:

I'd say that's a win for SNP broadening their appeal.

by attracting the illiberal, they always were the tartan tories.

Just now, steviewevie said:

(but I think the independence movement is fucked without Sturgeon...for now anyway...)

i still reckon we'll see the sex offender take a bigger role.

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If a job can be done from home then I think a worker should have the right to choose where they carry out their work from. 

Would you then say if they do the business has the right to get rid of them. Just because it can be done at home doesn't mean it should be. 

All swings and roundabouts

14 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

They really only have the power to fuck up things for Scotland.  And Scots keep voting to self harm.  Nutters 😛 

Fairly convinced Labour will lead the SNP in a Scottish Westminster poll soon which would be a massive change, probs be the first time in almost a decade. We shall see tho. Humza will be a disaster tho, the guys a clown 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

...so will most likely be Humza Yousaf..

Seems to be a push in the media for Yousaf as the preferred Sturgeon continuity candidate, but having dipped into Wings Over Scotland recently it appears to be in plain site just how rubbish and/or slippery he's been in his political career. The poll in The National doesn't appear to make happy reading for him.

But readers won't all be SNP members (and a lot left after the GRRB debacle) so he may well squeak it. Also isn't the vote supposed to be STV? In which case not sure how second options will be spread out.

Meanwhile we wait for Craig Murray to spread the dirt on SNP MP Macdonald's hacked emails and whether that's behind moderates like Angus Robertson being 'too busy' to run for FM. Intriguing.

National Vote.jpg

31 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Seems to be a push in the media for Yousaf as the preferred Sturgeon continuity candidate, but having dipped into Wings Over Scotland recently it appears to be in plain site just how rubbish and/or slippery he's been in his political career. The poll in The National doesn't appear to make happy reading for him.

But readers won't all be SNP members (and a lot left after the GRRB debacle) so he may well squeak it. Also isn't the vote supposed to be STV? In which case not sure how second options will be spread out.

Meanwhile we wait for Craig Murray to spread the dirt on SNP MP Macdonald's hacked emails and whether that's behind moderates like Angus Robertson being 'too busy' to run for FM. Intriguing.

National Vote.jpg

maybe it will be Regan then.

45 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

This ain’t gonna happen though.

You’re telling me you don’t think a couple percent more could swing despite snp losing a popular leader and replacing them with a donkey?

Even other polls put the margin at like 10%, hardly a massive swing or a stretch of the imagination.

Confident I’ll be proven right within the next few months.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Labour is promising closer alignment to the EU. Starmer will speak to the Farmers Union today or this week sometime, take a look as it will likely give a good idea how under a Labour government will move closer back to the EU.

I mean if labour were in office this NI thing wouldn't be an issue as they don't have ERG, DUP and Boris Johnson's ambition to worry about.

But, some closer alignment might help a bit, but it's not going to come close to being in the single market...but then if we were in the single market but not the EU then we'd be rule takers only but with some economic gain, so not as good as being in the EU...and that isn't happening.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, well sure....but not everyone likes being in the office. I never have.

The trouble is I am findIng my end that   the people who don’t like being in the office are getting what they want, but this is coming at the expense of younger/inexperienced people who need that physical support network. In many cases it’s not as simple as all benefit/loss, we are instead having to choose who the losers are.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

The trouble is I am findIng my end that   the people who don’t like being in the office are getting what they want, but this is coming at the expense of younger/inexperienced people who need that physical support network. In many cases it’s not as simple as all benefit/loss, we are instead having to choose who the losers are.

not at my place, we have to be in. So we all sit there in our little cubes staring at our screens and messaging or emailing each other if we need to communicate.