news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

They didn't condemn him, but they didn't agree with him comparing govt policy to that of the Nazis

he didn't compare policy with the nazi's just the language used.

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

for those in or around London 

thats going to empty bristol out, posters round here say refugees welcome londoners fuck off.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

That made me laugh because I encountered this exact thing today:

I was in London this morning after a gig last night. I was sat in a pub having breakfast. On the next table was a young couple. I overheard the following:

Woman - "Gary Lineker has been taken off MOTD tonight."

Man - "Why?"

Woman - "I dunno, I think he said something racist."

Man - "So what? That's the trouble with this country, no-one's allowed to say what they think anymore."

I leaned over & said "Excuse me, he didn't say anything racist. He called out the government for their immigration policy & compared their language to nazi Germany."

His response - "That jug eared woke twat. I hope the BBC sack him!"

These are the sort of c**ts we're dealing with here!

27 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

yeah...maybe a bit of a fuck up...I expected they loved the whole Linekar thing mid week...that was the divide for the new culture war....but then it turns out Linekar is quite popular...maybe more popular than most politicians despite being "just an ex footballer"

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah...maybe a bit of a fuck up...I expected they loved the whole Linekar thing mid week...that was the divide for the new culture war....but then it turns out Linekar is quite popular...maybe more popular than most politicians despite being "just an ex footballer"

Sunaks shitting himself more than Linekar did at Italia 90

1 hour ago, Neil said:

did my sarcasm pass you by? 😛 

Clearly, but it's interesting that they have all decided to take a side in this, it would have been easy to just say "it's a matter for Gary and the BBC" but they have all come down on Lineker's side, it would be nice to think it's because they believe in free speech but I suspect there's more to it.

Think the linekar thing will turn out bad for the govt. There's an authenticity about Gary that has him cut thru like others cannot, it's not just a celebrity mouthing off. 

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Every organisation that gets into bed with the Tories ends up worse off, hopefully in time these organisations will learn. 

The beeb has to schmoose the govt of the day in order to keep its funding.