news & politics:discussion

zahidf

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

The beeb has to schmoose the govt of the day in order to keep its funding. 

It’s not just them look at the Lib Dem’s and the DUP for example; all fucked. 

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I personally agree with Redwood. When I watch MOTD I generally just go on my phone for the pundits/interviews as I am not interested in what they have to say. I think Redwood is however making a political point rather than a discussion about the best format for the show.

I watched it  and thought it was weird, but I guess just not used to it. I actually am interested in what the pundits say, they know far more than me and have watched the whole match.

34 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I watched it  and thought it was weird, but I guess just not used to it. I actually am interested in what the pundits say, they know far more than me and have watched the whole match.

It’s funny how all the right wingers liked this new version of MOTD, they’ll literally say anything if it means they can act like their beloved Tories don’t face criticism. 

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s funny how all the right wingers liked this new version of MOTD, they’ll literally say anything if it means they can act like their beloved Tories don’t face criticism. 

I THOUGHT I'D HATE IT, I DIDN'T HATE IT.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I am interested if it’s a decent pundit, trouble is BBC have generally not had that in recent years and comfortably overtaken by ITV during the World Cup. 

I am a bit lost as to why Lineker isn’t allowed political views but other (non news staff) are. Is it just because Lineker is more popular?

21 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I am a bit lost as to why Lineker isn’t allowed political views but other (non news staff) are. Is it just because Lineker is more popular?

I guess so, higher profile...and it's what he says that upsets so many on right, banging on about climate change and refugees all the bloody time..and I think many thought he went too far with the comparison to 1930s Germany...although he is kind of right.

Chris Packham pisses off people too, but I guess he is staying within his remit most of the time (conservation).

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think many thought he went too far with the comparison to 1930s Germany...although he is kind of right.

most are choosing to mis-understand what he compared, so they can invent their own outrage, and to a bigger extent than the situation could deserve.

50 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I am interested if it’s a decent pundit, trouble is BBC have generally not had that in recent years and comfortably overtaken by ITV during the World Cup. 

Because Lineker’s views are critical of the Tories. 

Edited by Ozanne

23 minutes ago, lost said:

An extra half a million people watched MOTD last night 🤭 

I would imagine that’s mainly because of the publicity. It would be interesting to see if they did it for a few weeks what the impact would be. I am open to changing the format,don’t think we should do it this way because we always have.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I would imagine that’s mainly because of the publicity. It would be interesting to see if they did it for a few weeks what the impact would be. I am open to changing the format,don’t think we should do it this way because we always have.

They will go back to the old format, with or without Linekar.

32 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Because Lineker’s views are critical of the Tories. 

its critical that lineker isn't critical of the tories - cos it cuts thru in a way most political comment doesn't.

lineker's authenticity  makes it a deep wound.