news & politics:discussion

zahidf

5 hours ago, Neil said:

I see the UK govt has picked another fight with Holyrood, to mine a bit more grievance. they're either picking these fights deliberately, or they're too stupid to understand devolution  

fixed that for you,Neil.

4 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I totally agree.  but this "change" is very recent.  We have been debating shit on here for a very long time.  15 years or so...  @Ozanne @steviewevie spamming the site like do and the over bearing moderation from @kaosmark2 are all new things.  This place was never so sensitive to shut down opinions like what is happening now.

Maybe it could just stop and we could back to having debates ? 

Or maybe not and you are right and posting is pointless unless you are a leftie with leftie opinions. 

I just would hope it wouldn't be too much to ask if we have moderation its fair and balanced.  It clearly isn't.

It's totally depressing that we have come to the point where only "approved" opinions can be held and shared, those on here who won't engage in a reasoned argument and seek to ban or ridicule those who have a different view are the same ones complaining when Linekar gets silenced by the BBC, they want freedom of speech only for those with a leftist view. 

Justiceforcedave thinks you should go elsewhere,

"Serious suggestion. If you’re not keen on how its run, you could find somewhere else?

I’m sure there are plenty of other platforms, forums, groups discussing politics who would welcome your flavour of commentary?"

The problem with that is that forums get ever more insular and become echo chambers with those remaining all having the same view (within a set boundary), so you then get tribal right-wing and left-wing spaces where any real debate gets shut down by the majority view of that particular forum. We should be allowing all views and having logical arguments about the subject at hand not seeking to ban those who might have what is perceived as an extreme view. It's probably too late for this board but I'm not being forced out.

5 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Well back from an utterly ridiculous ban for simply having an opinion a certain woke admin does not like.

This the ban reason:

Repeated trolling, celebrating homophobia, transphobia

What an absolute crock of fucking shit.  Zero posts from me celebrating either homophobia or transphobia and no one will be able to find a post saying otherwise.    Trolling is just said when someone doesn't like your opinion and can't handle it.

Debate is being shut down here and its really sad.  It seems only opinions allowed are the woke left ones.  Utter bollocks.  

Moderation here has become a joke.  Left wing woke warriors in charge of the board now.  Very sad.  And I know this will bring utter delight to Ozzane and Stevie the c**t but that just shows how wrong it is.

I have heard more diverse debate at Glastonbury over the last two weeks than here. 

Celebrating homophobia is a pretty serious allegation. And you don't have any idea what posts that relates to? Presumably @kaosmark2 can direct to the posts in question.

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

Justiceforcedave thinks you should go elsewhere,

"Serious suggestion. If you’re not keen on how its run, you could find somewhere else?

I’m sure there are plenty of other platforms, forums, groups discussing politics who would welcome your flavour of commentary?"

To clarify: I don't think Barry Fish should go elsewhere if he doesn't want to. I'm merely suggesting it as a viable option if he doesn't like how things are run. 

Personally I think that a clearly defined set of posting guidelines would probably help. The amount of name calling and goading that goes on in this thread (from both sides) is pretty tiresome.

24 minutes ago, cellar said:

Celebrating homophobia is a pretty serious allegation. And you don't have any idea what posts that relates to? Presumably @kaosmark2 can direct to the posts in question.

I guessing it was for perceived support of Kate Forbes in the indy thread. Its happened a few times now recently with Corbyn, Trump being banned from twitter etc.. Someone can have the support of a whole mainstream party or even country and yet have views that are outside those that are within the acceptable overton window.

18 minutes ago, lost said:

I guessing it was for perceived support of Kate Forbes in the indy thread. Its happened a few times now recently with Corbyn, Trump being banned from twitter etc.. Someone can have the support of a whole mainstream party or even country and yet have views that are outside those that are within the acceptable overton window.

you can get banned for supporting Forbes? I mean, I'm not Baz Fish's biggest fan despite all the nice things he posts about me, but that seems a bit extreme.

Edited by steviewevie

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Two tory MPs have now said publicly they will vote against immigraion bill tonight..Caroline Nokes and Chris Skidmore.

Good on them, I see Tobias Elwood has been talking about it today hopefully he’ll vote against it too. 

2 hours ago, LJS said:

fixed that for you,Neil.

yeah, the uk govt is making scots do stupid things, scots are only able tobe stupid at the request of the english.

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

😄

turns out, they're already set-up to film at the places i'll be on wednesday and thursday - i'm hoping they can do me a bit of a taxi service. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Personally I think that a clearly defined set of posting guidelines would probably help.

just about impossible to do, if/when those rules aren't sufficient, the arguments are about how "that's not in the rules" 😛 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

just about impossible to do, if/when those rules aren't sufficient, the arguments are about how "that's not in the rules" 😛 

The site feedback part of the forum is elsewhere 😜

24 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The site feedback part of the forum is elsewhere 😜

people round here don't need a rule to make them feel entitled to act in particular ways.....:P 

from a mod point of view its actually very hard to achieve the right balance from all perspectives .... some might see a more heavy handed approach as fine ... others not .... sometimes you deal with complaints that you feel arent justified other times you think that someone is completely out of order .... and some might chose to moderate in a different way than others ....

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Theresa May has become a very effective backbencher. 

shame she never became an effective pm, would have saved us spaffer &truss, and maybe sunak.

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

from a mod point of view its actually very hard to achieve the right balance from all perspectives .... some might see a more heavy handed approach as fine ... others not .... sometimes you deal with complaints that you feel arent justified other times you think that someone is completely out of order .... and some might chose to moderate in a different way than others ....

Arguing for a set of guidelines or against? 😂