news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

On the fence a bit … people will apply them in their own way … but I think the forum does have guidelines somewhere, they aren’t just very easily found 

Don't think it's possible to have cover all guidlines, while still allowing discussion of all subjects. 

I don't know about banning people on here, obviously there has to be a limit to what people can say, I have crossed it myself and got in trouble. But, with Baz Fish you just need to compare his nasty spiteful posts after his ban with Ozanne's gracious, apologetic posts after he came back from a ban to see what a turd the bloke is. Just glad we have the ignore button otherwise I'd be banned myself for calling him rude words.

Edited by steviewevie
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I don't know about banning people on here, obviously there has to be a limit to what people can say, I have crossed it myself and got in trouble. But, with Baz Fish you just need to compare his nasty spiteful posts after his ban with Ozanne's gracious, apologetic posts after he came back from a ban to see what a turd the bloke is. Just glad we have the ignore button otherwise I'd be banned myself for calling him rude words.

Thanks fella, I made mistakes and took my punishment as a result. 

20 hours ago, Neil said:

i'm having my day filmed tomorrow, by some students, for a promo for the charity I'm involved with.(thankfully I've had a haircut and beard trim, so i don't look too shocking!).

they've just asked if they can film me on an extra day this week, but I'm too busy to fit them in.

waiting for these students.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I think "celebrating homophobia" should be a permanent ban really. 

43 minutes ago, cellar said:

I think "celebrating homophobia" should be a permanent ban really. 

The issue I guess is how you define it. In Scotlands case they went from having a rapist who's ex-wife said he's never mentioned feeling like he's the wrong gender being but in a women's prison to a week later due to the backlash a fully transitioned trans women convicted of dangerous driving is now put in a mans prison.

Neither solution seems great to me and suggests we still don't have a consensus on this sort of stuff.

2 minutes ago, lost said:

The issue I guess is how you define it. In Scotlands case they went from having a rapist who's ex-wife said he's never mentioned feeling like he's the wrong gender being but in a women's prison to a week later due to the backlash a fully transitioned trans women convicted of dangerous driving is now put in a mans prison.

Neither solution seems great to me and suggests we still don't have a consensus on this sort of stuff.

What's that got to do with celebrating homophobia?

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What's that got to do with celebrating homophobia?

I thought it was celebrating transphobia as well? As I said its how you define it. For me homophobia/transphobia is hating a group where it may spill over into violence against that group.

Some describe straight guys who are not into pensises as transphobes. As I said the consensus on this is constantly shifting. To prove a point look where the spectator was on this subject only 4 years ago:

Fe-Sf-U6-KWIAQlpg-T.jpg

3 minutes ago, lost said:

I thought it was celebrating transphobia as well? As I said its how you define it. For me homophobia/transphobia is hating a group where it may spill over into violence against that group.

Some describe straight guys who are not into pensises as transphobes. As I said the consensus on this is constantly shifting. To prove a point look where the spectator was on this subject only 4 years ago:

Fe-Sf-U6-KWIAQlpg-T.jpg

Ok. But still, it's the homophobia bit that people are questioning. I have no idea what was said, but I don't think we need it to lead into a trans debate. 

Also it's the "celebrating" bit that seems particularly concerning. 

For what it's worth, I don't think having a debate around any of the things you've mentioned @lost qualifies as transphobia, though I haven't read any of the posts so maybe the language used, was.

33 minutes ago, cellar said:

Also it's the "celebrating" bit that seems particularly concerning. 

For what it's worth, I don't think having a debate around any of the things you've mentioned @lost qualifies as transphobia, though I haven't read any of the posts so maybe the language used, was.

I'm guessing as its the only debate I noticed. I think the religious Scottish lady is against gay marriage too.

I don't go in the Glastonbury forum so it could of happened there I guess and I could be completely wrong?

if you read that thread...tories polling badly, Sunak's recent successes are cutting through...and if he keeps doing well which is possible as he isn't lazy or crazy like the previous two PMs, and also if economy starts improving as expected and they do a sexy tax give away next spring then there could still be a tory win in 2024...wouldn't that be lovely?