news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

and that makes it even more unlikely we'll ever rejoin the EU.

i don't think it does, as there's no conflicting stuff as far as i know, the idea behind it is that the GDP of  Asian countries has risen at a faster rate than EU countries, of course they would as they were starting from a lower level so had more room to grow into. as they caught up - as one of the most mature developed economies  the UK has less room for growth.

(also a reason why Scotland won't grow its economy as much as the nats say they will, and also the reason why Italy has had some of the biggest growth in Europe since ww2.)

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

i don't think it does, as there's no conflicting stuff as far as i know, the idea behind it is that the GDP of  Asian countries has risen at a faster rate than EU countries, of course they would as they were starting from a lower level so had more room to grow into. as they caught up - as one of the most mature developed economies  the UK has less room for growth.

(also a reason why Scotland won't grow its economy as much as the nats say they will, and also the reason why Italy has had some of the biggest growth in Europe since ww2.)

not sure we can align with both EU and CPTPP rules/regulations, would probably be incompatible...or could become incompatible if not at moment. I guess we could leave CPTPP...we could have a referendum...?

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

not sure we can align with both EU and CPTPP rules/regulations, would probably be incompatible...or could become incompatible if not at moment. I guess we could leave CPTPP...we could have a referendum...?

cpttt is a very different beast to the eu, so i don't think they're incompatible.

12 hours ago, Neil said:

trump has been indicted - lock him up!

the next us govt will spend all its time fighting the us govt, similar to what happened wjith bill clinton.

If trump went to jail... - he's not going to jail - then his ex-presidential secret service detail goes with him, laughable!

Edited by Neil