news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Tbf to rishi...Raab was loyal to him during leadership election...and he probably doesn't want to kick him out and have a reshuffle so close to local elections...but at same time if it is really damaging he needs to get rid to show he is strongman etc...but more than likely it's not fully clear either way...all these woke lefty remainer blobby civil servants don't like Raab saying stuff they don't like....or maybe he really is the unhinged c**t that he appears to be on tv.

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Tbf to rishi...Raab was loyal to him during leadership election...and he probably doesn't want to kick him out and have a reshuffle so close to local elections...but at same time if it is really damaging he needs to get rid to show he is strongman etc...but more than likely it's not fully clear either way...all these woke lefty remainer blobby civil servants don't like Raab saying stuff they don't like....or maybe he really is the unhinged c**t that he appears to be on tv.

I think he Rishi can get away with keeping him in post, don’t think this is a story that has really resonated with the public.

12 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think he Rishi can get away with keeping him in post, don’t think this is a story that has really resonated with the public.

I'm not sure - it's an open goal for Labour isn't it? :-

'Do you think it's okay for your boss to bully you, belittle you & treat you like shit? - Richie Sunak does!'

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

I'm not sure - it's an open goal for Labour isn't it? :-

'Do you think it's okay for your boss to bully you, belittle you & treat you like shit? - Richie Sunak does!'

Yeah if bad enough he has to go, not sure whether it resonates with public or not matters...but maybe I'm naive. Thing is we don't actually know how damming the report is.

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think the public would care about the Deputy PM bullying his staff. 

I suspect the vast majority of the country don’t know who the deputy PM is, nor do they know what a civil servant does. Rishi will balance the negativity from getting rid of him with the negativity of keeping him. My guess is he will gamble that the story will blow over and I suspect he will be right.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

I suspect the vast majority of the country don’t know who the deputy PM is, nor do they know what a civil servant does. Rishi will balance the negativity from getting rid of him with the negativity of keeping him. My guess is he will gamble that the story will blow over and I suspect he will be right.

Like partygate

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah if bad enough he has to go, not sure whether it resonates with public or not matters...but maybe I'm naive. Thing is we don't actually know how damming the report is.

The fact he hasn’t got rid of him today suggests to me he thinks it’s not damming enough. He got rid of Zahawi really quickly.

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Of course the public know who Dominic Raab is. More people know about him than Owen Paterson and look at the public uproar when Johnson tried to let him get away with it. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Of course the public know who Dominic Raab is. More people know about him than Owen Paterson and look at the public uproar when Johnson tried to let him get away with it. 

I said people don’t know who the deputy pm is not who Raab is. However I suspect Raab name recognition is far less than you think. I saw some polling once and name recognition for high profile politicians was really low.

I think a better comparison would be Patel who was found to be a bully. Lots of anger on twitter, but the story faded away. My guess is the same happens, but will need to see what the report says.