news & politics:discussion

zahidf

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, he could have just said he'll take that on board and try and do better etc. Maybe even go on an anger management course!

Yep, and could have then been in serious contention for the next reshuffle too if he'd taken that line. But he probably knows the tories are on the way out and so has had enough.

Why on earth is the former Deputy PM, that had to resign in disgrace over bullying, being given an interview on the same he resigned!?

The answer is because he’s a Tory. 

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

How weak is Rishi Sunak that he’s not able to sack a Minister that’s been confirmed as a bully!? Then he comes out and praises that person afterwards.

Sunak is not cut out to be PM. He’s so weak. 

Agreed he has to sack him or keep him. To let him resign is the worst of both worlds.

28 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Why on earth is the former Deputy PM, that had to resign in disgrace over bullying, being given an interview on the same he resigned!?

The answer is because he’s a Tory. 

Or it's because he's the deputy PM who has had to resign because of bullying allegations.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Or it's because he's the deputy PM who has had to resign because of bullying allegations.

Why give him the platform? He had to resign in disgrace over bullying, he shouldn’t be allowed to cry on national TV.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

Do you think they would have let a labour MP on in the same situation, I think they probably would.

I’m not so sure. To me it looks like the BBC trying to garner Raab sympathy by letting him tell his side. He’s also issued a letter and an op-Ed in the Telegraph; he doesn’t need an interview as well.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m not so sure. To me it looks like the BBC trying to garner Raab sympathy by letting him tell his side. He’s also issued a letter and an op-Ed in the Telegraph; he doesn’t need an interview as well.

but why shouldn't he be allowed to tell his side? 

He's obviously a bit unhinged, but at same time he must have some qualities otherwise he wouldn't have made it to deputy PM...and he has been undone by what seems like issues with how he treats people in the various departments he has been in charge of....and his political career could be over...so I think it's ok to have his say, but I also I think we need to hear from the people who have made the allegations or who have worked under him.

We also need to know how much of this shit Sunak knew about when he appointed him.

19 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I honestly believe the BBC do a pretty good job at staying neutral . The right think they are left wing and the left think they are right wing. This suggests to me they aren’t doing too bad.

15 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

was gonna ask your opinion ...its really not surprised me 🙂 

He's a Tory, so I obviously hate him anyway - but a few years ago I wrote to him to complain about the motorway being constantly diverted down my road (you try sleeping with massive lorries thundering past your flat from 9 pm to 6 am!) - not only did he do nothing, he couldn't even be arsed to reply. If the motorway had been diverted past a rich area, he'd have tried to do something - but we're just council estate chavs, so who cares?

He's a fucking bellend & I can't wait to see him lose his seat at the next election! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but why shouldn't he be allowed to tell his side? 

Because he’s just been found guilty. Today.

He should go away, reflect and try to learn from the whole sorry situation not try to garner sympathy by going on TV. 

39 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I honestly believe the BBC do a pretty good job at staying neutral . The right think they are left wing and the left think they are right wing. This suggests to me they aren’t doing too bad.

The BBC as a whole is pretty neutral but their news team is filled with people that give off the perception of Tory bias. Take today for example the BBC Political Editor seemingly jumping at the chance to try to help out a disgraced Tory Minister instead of hold this government to account for facilitating the bully in the first place. 

28 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

They’re loving this - stoking up some vitriol from tue public towards civil servants. They thrive at this kind of thing. 

The view has been amplified this evening by the national broadcaster which has aired those views (I suspect, I won’t watch it).

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Because he’s just been found guilty. Today.

He should go away, reflect and try to learn from the whole sorry situation not try to garner sympathy by going on TV. 

The BBC as a whole is pretty neutral but their news team is filled with people that give off the perception of Tory bias. Take today for example the BBC Political Editor seemingly jumping at the chance to try to help out a disgraced Tory Minister instead of hold this government to account for facilitating the bully in the first place. 

Guilty of bullying in the workplace, he hasn't actually broken the law...and even if he had I still think he's allowed to defend himself publicly, even if it is all bollocks. 

You know labour could get in power, and some of their people will face similar shit, and they will be allowed space to defend their actions. Like Blair is over and over again. We may not like it, but if we try and silence people worse things happen.

Saying that I think important to hear what these woke snowflake civil servants think.

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Guilty of bullying in the workplace, he hasn't actually broken the law...and even if he had I still think he's allowed to defend himself publicly, even if it is all bollocks. 

You know labour could get in power, and some of their people will face similar shit, and they will be allowed space to defend their actions. Like Blair is over and over again. We may not like it, but if we try and silence people worse things happen.

gordon brown was accused of bullying.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Saying that I think important to hear what these woke snowflake civil servants think.

He’s defended himself in his initial letter, he’s article in the Telegraph and now an interview with the BBC. He also has his chance to defend himself in the interviews during the inquiry. The man has had enough and not once has shown any contrition or apologised.

A Tory has been found to have done wrong and within hours they are being multiple chances to get their side out. It’s almost like it’s a desperate attempt to clean their reputation up. 

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

The view has been amplified this evening by the national broadcaster which has aired those views (I suspect, I won’t watch it).

Lord Marland just got slaughtered by Victoria Derbyshire on newsnight - quite rightly- for sticking up for Raab - shows the BBC are not biased towards the tories, IMO.