news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not if the voter supression methods work ..... oh sorry voter ID i meant 

Don't think I've got locals next week. Can't find out anything.

36 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m pretty sure the hard left are determined to do anything they can to make sure we stay under Tory rule. 

I think a lot of it is a sense of betrayal...the left had finally got control of the Labour party, and now have lost it. Many feel that the antisemitism was exaggerated, or even just totally fabricated in order to bring them down by the right of the party. Starmer was elected by the membership with many promises that he has since reneged on, and now the left are being squeezed out of the party. Starmer is enemy no.1, and I'm sure some of those would prefer a tory victory to a Starmer premiership. 

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m pretty sure the hard left are determined to do anything they can to make sure we stay under Tory rule. 

Doesn’t really matter either way. The only thing determined at the next election is the colour of that Tory rule. Will it be blue tories or red tories?

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I think a lot of it is a sense of betrayal...the left had finally got control of the Labour party, and now have lost it. Many feel that the antisemitism was exaggerated, or even just totally fabricated in order to bring them down by the right of the party. Starmer was elected by the membership with many promises that he has since reneged on, and now the left are being squeezed out of the party. Starmer is enemy no.1, and I'm sure some of those would prefer a tory victory to a Starmer premiership. 

The left are marginalising themselves with their own stupidity. Corbyn and abott squeezed themselves out of the party.

3 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Doesn’t really matter either way. The only thing determined at the next election is the colour of that Tory rule. Will it be blue tories or red tories?

Or corbynite stupid.

Will be very interesting to see how the poll lead translates at the local elections.

My own belief is that the migration of left wing votes like mine to the greens will be much more significant than quoted, and that the liberals being put off by Starmer’s authoritarianism will mean the Lib Dems also do well.

Theres no doubt Labour will gain but the extent of that gain will be more limited than forecasted imo.

Edited by mattiloy