news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Has anyone told him that she's the Queen now? She might not take too lightly to those accusations, hopefully.

sorry worded that wrongly .... but its thought she might have been there , maybe Cressida Dick  too ? 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

...and when immigration numbers from non EU countries stay high under labour that can be something Tory opposition can attack them with...lovely.

Labour have said they are going to get the long term sick / unemployed back to work rather than rely on immigration. There was a massive increase in people with mental health issues after lockdown about half a million I think. If they can achieve it though is a different matter.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

.. apparently on way down too..fewer Ukrainians/HongKongians...less work etc.

the Ukrainians have to make choices now wether to return or not .... no long term plans for them .... they need to find new hosts or somehow manage to find housing with very high rents and high mortgage rates .... or back to a war zone , my parents ones leave on June 10th back to an area with no fighting or bombing currently but with fairly regular air raid sirens going off 

6 hours ago, lost said:

Labour have said they are going to get the long term sick / unemployed back to work rather than rely on immigration. There was a massive increase in people with mental health issues after lockdown about half a million I think. If they can achieve it though is a different matter.

A lot of those long term sick are mental health issues and I'm not sure labour are tough enough to do what would be necessary.

as a bad advert for electric vehicles, i needed new batteries for my granny chariot today and they were £350. ouch! ....

worth it as i'm saving £100+ most weeks by using that scooter instead of taxis.