news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Would it be cynical to think Burnham has an eye on getting the Corbynite support in a future leadership contest?

I don't know ...maybe there is something of that, but Burnham is to stand for a 3rd term as Gtr Manc mayor so won't be any time soon...and maybe there is some solidarity with another metro mayor and also the feeling of many that at the very least Driscoll deserves to be able to appeal against this...whole thing seems a bit ott to me.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Norwegian far right anti semite bloke. I expect Corbyn had no idea who he was..but still, not a great look...

Corbyn tends to get photo'd with anti-semites a lot.

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yes it's unfortunate, but starmer is a fascist and that's all you need to know.

good cartoon in the latest private eye, of two geezers, one has a "i hate the tories "t-shirt, the other an "i might vote for starmer to get rid of tories" t-shirt and it made me think of here

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think so as well. I suspect by the time there is a vacancy the Tory’s will have had 4 female leaders and I can’t see labour picking another man.

reckon angela rainer will be in with a good shout, hope its not nandy, she been short of impressive.

news that start of Ukrainian counter offensive not going so well...I wonder if task will be just too big and Ukraine will be unwilling to have such high casualties and will try and push for a negotiated peace....Russia are well dug in and they've put mines everywhere apparently. Not sure how successful and lasting any negotiations can be though.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

news that start of Ukrainian counter offensive not going so well...I wonder if task will be just too big and Ukraine will be unwilling to have such high casualties and will try and push for a negotiated peace....Russia are well dug in and they've put mines everywhere apparently. Not sure how successful and lasting any negotiations can be though.

mixed reports, but its just the Ruskies sayings its failing. So you know...