news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Its rumoured Rishi wants to knock 2p off basic rate income tax before the next election. From a purely playing politics point of view they'd be stupid to leave labour any sort of wiggle room during the next parliament.

Edited by lost

10 minutes ago, lost said:

Its rumoured Rishi wants to knock 2p off basic rate income tax before the next election. From a purely playing politics point of view they'd be stupid to leave labour any sort of wiggle room during the next parliament.

yep, we'll see...kind of reckless with the state of public finances, but that's democratic politics I guess. Then after that they can throw tax bombshell stuff at Labour unless Labour promise to stick with the cuts.

Just now, steviewevie said:

not yet.

It is insane that the leader of the opposition endorses cancelling the gigs of a performer whose comments don’t meet any threshold for criminal charges. It boils down to, I, leader of the opposition, likely future PM, endorse stopping a musician from performing because I don’t agree with what he says. Stalinist.

11 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

It is insane that the leader of the opposition endorses cancelling the gigs of a performer whose comments don’t meet any threshold for criminal charges. It boils down to, I, leader of the opposition, likely future PM, endorse stopping a musician from performing because I don’t agree with what he says. Stalinist.

It's like Stalin Vs Hitler the rematch.