news & politics:discussion

zahidf

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

apparently this was the same day that Johnson cancelled christmas gatherings...

Ah yes that day, the day everyone was panicking about Christmas with their families. Not the Tories though. 

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Ah yes that day, the day everyone was panicking about Christmas with their families. Not the Tories though. 

Now that the inquiry is over and most of the Tories are prepared to publicly admit they hate him, I think we will see more and more footage like this being released.

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Now that the inquiry is over and most of the Tories are prepared to publicly admit they hate him, I think we will see more and more footage like this being released.

I think sadly you are right. 

So who is new peer Charlotte Owen, some rumours say she's one of spaffers kids, I think her being blonde is more relevant, check spaffers girlfriend history.

29 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

don't look at that, look at this!

There’s always someone else they can shift attention too, they are never the issue at all. 

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Gove saying he will abstain because he accepts the report, but disagrees with the punishment. Expect this to be the cowardly approach of most torys.

Cowardly and Tories go hand in hand. We really need to get rid of them. 

15 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Christ you’re a moron. You’re upset cause your mortgage payment has gone up, ok fair enough. Interest rates need to go up to tackle inflation, it’s the only lever they have. 

not quite true, price & wage controls could be other levers.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

not quite true, price & wage controls could be other levers.

He’s completely in the wrong and it’s being proven with the pressure being put on people by the BoE. As you say there’s plenty of other things we could be doing but the Tories and the BoE are choosing to make people every poorer when costs have been rising as they have been.

I’ll keep on saying it but raising interest rates when we have supply side driven inflation is the wrong course of action. Once again I’m being proven right. 

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

He’s completely in the wrong and it’s being proven with the pressure being put on people by the BoE. As you say there’s plenty of other things we could be doing but the Tories and the BoE are choosing to make people every poorer when costs have been rising as they have been.

I’ll keep on saying it but raising interest rates when we have supply side driven inflation is the wrong course of action. Once again I’m being proven right. 

You're such an arrogant toad, shut up saying you're right when you aren't. 10 percent inflation is devastating and making us all poorer but you don't care about that cause you have to pay a bit more on your mortgage. Selfish, weird man-baby that you are. If Starmer was in power, the exact same thing would be happening wit IRs, same as it is in USA, Canada, EU, NZ, Australia. 

• Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

The bank of england i meant, not the government. their remit is to get inflation to 2 percent and IRs are the way to do that

Ok, I agree, and I disagree with osannes post above.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The Tories and the BoE are choosing economic hardship, you can either support them or support working people. 

If your agreeing with this tweet inflation is due to lockdown and money printing then the obvious solution would of been yes not to do it but now its done we need some mechanism to remove the printed money from the economy. As fraybentos1 correctly points out interest rates are the only tool the BOE has to choke the money supply.

I'm surprised your blaming net zero / climate change policies though.

Edited by lost