news & politics:discussion

zahidf

OBR saying debt to GDP to hit 300% by 2070. Mainly due to the pensions triple lock.

I think it a roundabout way that's saying the pension system is going to change massively between the boomers and gen x.

1 hour ago, hodgey123 said:

Boris is actually using the forgotten password excuse!

that's an offence itself in certain circumstances. lock him up.

22 minutes ago, lost said:

I think it a roundabout way that's saying the pension system is going to change massively between the boomers and gen x.

they've already said retirement age is going up a year.

2 hours ago, cellar said:

Yeah I'm aware of it - anyway, I guess you're happy to concede the government did enough in terms of infrastructure in the last 13 years, which is a rare point to the Tories from you, so I suppose in an odd sort of way I'll take it (better than banging my head against a wall anyway).

So you admit that WhatsApp can be used securely for businesses/organisations after all. I’m glad we got there in the end. 

3 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

Boris is actually using the forgotten password excuse!

It’s probably the number of kids he’s got so no surprise that he doesn’t know. 

Seriously though how on earth did this clown get into a position of authority in this country. It would be funny if his antics hadn’t have cost the country billions as well as an unknown number of deaths due to his parties incompetence. 

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s probably the number of kids he’s got so no surprise that he doesn’t know. 

Seriously though how on earth did this clown get into a position of authority in this country. It would be funny if his antics hadn’t have cost the country billions as well as an unknown number of deaths due to his parties incompetence. 

Stupid people who voted for him.

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

So you admit that WhatsApp can be used securely for businesses/organisations after all. I’m glad we got there in the end. 

I'd say "nice try," but it wasn't really. At least you've engaged in this debate a little longer than with the interest rate discussion, I respect that!

5 minutes ago, cellar said:

I'd say "nice try," but it wasn't really. At least you've engaged in this debate a little longer than with the interest rate discussion, I respect that!

It's ok to admit you got it wrong, you don't have to resort to attacks.

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Decent read on inflation and that raising interest rates might not be the best policy.

does it suggest withdrawing and destroying some of the quantitative easing money - as that would undo some of the damage caused by QE. and also have some of the same effect as increasing interest rates.

34 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It's ok to admit you got it wrong, you don't have to resort to attacks.

Can you explain how that's an attack? I just think it's strange you've replied so much on this topic, but not when we discussed interest rates. Maybe because you think there's still a chance you're in the right here I suppose, which is fair enough.

Do you have any experience in the area of WhatsApp being used in a business setting, out of interest?