news & politics:discussion

zahidf

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

...and so Braverman fires the starting pistol; the campaign for the next GE formally begins. Battle lines officially drawn. Strap yourselves in it'll be a bumpy ride.

Actually, it feels like a log flume ride where it's just going to go endlessly downwards...and instead of water we'll be plunging through cascades of bile.

18 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I get all that. You can argue for the invasion, Hussein was a tyrant c**t...but at same time there was just a total lack of understanding about what could come after the invasion...that was the biggest crime. You can't just go in somewhere like that, rip it all out, and then wonder why there's so much chaos.

The thing I often think it’s fair enough to put some blame on Blair, but would the alternative (Major, Brown, Hague) have made different decisions? I suspect not.

16 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Surely you can not support the actions of an organisation and still talk to them. We have had talks with terrorist organisations in the past!

absolutely and dont be shy about it .... they can absolutely change the narrative here that talking is the best way to deal with situations .... like talking to strikers in the NHS and elsewhere .... 

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

fingers crossed .... whats it going to take for a general election ?

I dunno if they'd try to get rid of another leader in this term, seems like they have no options really.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I dunno if they'd try to get rid of another leader in this term, seems like they have no options really.

Sod it . Another leader would see them destroyed further and bring more infighting… even the suggestions of one … bring it on . They can concentrate on infighting rather than corruption 

15 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Sod it . Another leader would see them destroyed further and bring more infighting… even the suggestions of one … bring it on . They can concentrate on infighting rather than corruption 

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to see them further destroy themselves I just can’t really see it. 

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

if tories win just one of those by-elections it will be all about a resurgent Sunak and Starmer must go...

Only for bad faith actors that have an agenda or don’t understand politics 😉