news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Twitter is calling Sir Keir Starmer Sir Kid Starmer. Pretty impressive to get that from your opposition’s policy. Meanwhile, Rishi is getting away with destroying people’s university dreams because he has a petty agenda:

https://twitter.com/gavinmuellerphd/status/1680909287663468546?s=46&t=0L-HQje0RJTtiVIvA-C-dQ

those uni dreams have been mis -sold,  could have been useful to drive youngsters into on-job training; problem is no one wants to pay the training costs, would have been better if the thatcher tories hadn't destroyed the old govt-supported apprenticeship system.

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Twitter is calling Sir Keir Starmer Sir Kid Starmer. Pretty impressive to get that from your opposition’s policy. Meanwhile, Rishi is getting away with destroying people’s university dreams because he has a petty agenda:

https://twitter.com/gavinmuellerphd/status/1680909287663468546?s=46&t=0L-HQje0RJTtiVIvA-C-dQ

Case in point, this.

I wonder why certain people aren’t up in arms about university degrees being clamped down on? That is a conundrum…

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

its a big amount of money for the facility that will lose it. and would it lift all those kids oot of poverty? - there's more than a single factor for their poverty.

so lets cut a mere £1.3bn from the NHS. AS LABOUR LEADER WOULD YOU ADVOCATE THAT??

You just really aren't left-wing Neil, I'm sorry to tell you. When Tony f**king Blair said he wanted to eradicate child poverty in the UK, were you sitting there saying.. 'how's this going to be paid for?' I really hope not. 

I haven't said anything about taking money from the NHS, UK gov spending is what like a trillion pounds per year? If you insist it needs to be balanced then I am sure I can find a thousand things I'd cut before that. Imagine claiming to be left wing and fighting this hard to disagree with someone saying the f**king Labour party should actually disagree with Tory policies that put kiddies into poverty. You stand for nothing, I'm sorry to tell you.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

certain people

name them .... stop making broad sweeping statements 

ive spend many years on these forums , im struggling to think of any tories on here .... the torys get hammered plenty and have for many years on these boards .... im not quite sure why you find people questioning Starmers policies an issue .... either through lack of knowledge or actually having decent knowledge .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ive spend many years on these forums , im struggling to think of any tories on here .... the torys get hammered plenty and have for many years on these boards .... im not quite sure why you find people questioning Starmers policies an issue .... either through lack of knowledge or actually having decent knowledge .

I’m sure you can work it out. Certain people regularly ignore actual Tory policy yet claim to be against the Tories. 

Edited by Ozanne

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You just really aren't left-wing Neil, I'm sorry to tell you. When Tony f**king Blair said he wanted to eradicate child poverty in the UK, were you sitting there saying.. 'how's this going to be paid for?' I really hope not. 

that's an irrellevance for you making false claims.if a policy is justified by the claimed benefit, then its not justified if it doesn't have that benefit.

me calling you out for bullshit  doesn't prove my political leanings in any direction. your bullshit makes you as good as spaffer.

did you know that ending the two child cap will build 40 new hospitals?

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I’m sure you can work it out. Certain people regularly ignoring actual Tory policy yet claim to be against the Tories. 

Ozanne is literally supporting keeping a Tory policy in place that keeps several hundred thousand kids in poverty all because Starmer backs it. He then also claims that anyone that disagrees with him is a Tory. It is a mental position to hold. Ozanne is the f**king Tory here.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

that's an irrellevance for you making false claims.if a policy is justified by the claimed benefit, then its not justified if it doesn't have that benefit.

me calling you out for bullshit  doesn't prove my political leanings in any direction. your bullshit makes you as good as spaffer.

You're a moron, I'm sorry. This doesn't even make sense. What is my bullshit? I gave a figure which I believe is accurate, you have given nothing. Are you seriously questioning the logic of ending the 2 child cap results in kiddies being lifted out of poverty?

26 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

You spelt it wrong...Sir Kid Starver.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/jul/16/two-child-benefit-cap-explainer

Abolishing the cap would cost £1.3bn a year but would lift 250,000 children out of poverty, and a further 850,000 would be in less deep poverty,

I put it in bold for you to try help you out. Hope this is simple enough for you to understand!

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You're a moron, I'm sorry. This doesn't even make sense. What is my bullshit? I gave a figure which I believe is accurate, you have given nothing. Are you seriously questioning the logic of ending the 2 child cap results in kiddies being lifted out of poverty?

your bullshit was that ending the cap will take all of the kids who benefit out of poverty. if the policy doesn't achieve the benefit you've claimed for it, makes you the moron.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/jul/16/two-child-benefit-cap-explainer

I put it in bold for you to try help you out. Hope this is simple enough for you to understand!

you're a simpleton if you think a small amount of money ends poverty.

so there was no poverty before the 2 child cap? 😛 

Just now, Neil said:

your bullshit was that ending the cap will take all of the kids who benefit out of poverty. if the policy doesn't achieve the benefit you've claimed for it, makes you the moron.

I am certain that he’s incapable of discussing anything without getting aggressive and throwing insults. He’s nasty. 

Just now, Neil said:

you're a simpleton if you think a small amount of money ends poverty.

so there was no poverty before the 2 child cap? 😛 

No you utter cretin. Can you not read? When did I say it would end poverty? I said it would lift X amount of people out of poverty which it obviously would.

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I said it would lift X amount of people out of poverty which it obviously would.

it obviously wouldn't  - throwing money at the poor has never achieved the end of poverty. poverty is about more than money.

Edited by Neil

Just now, steviewevie said:

It penalises kids in families with more than 2 kids. It is unfair. It isn't their fault. 

isn't their fault, but is their choice, a choice with known consequences for the last 30 years.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It penalises kids in families with more than 2 kids. It is unfair. It isn't their fault. 

Why don’t you write to your MP to try to change it? Genuine question btw. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Are you helping out the Labour Party in the next Election ? genuine question by the way . Im actually thinking of helping the Lib dems 

Why the Lib Dems, what policies of theirs do you support?