news & politics:discussion

zahidf

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Lib Dem’s famous for facilitating Tory governments. 

You voted for them in the 2019 euros so you can't hate them that much.

Also tell me you didn't vote for them in either 2010 2015 or 2017? You defo did.

Tbh wouldn't even be shocked if the lib dem manifesto is to the left of labour's at this rate

27 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Lib Dem’s famous for facilitating Tory governments. 

im the first to acknowledge the faults of a party in fact I've done that . Blair Iraq , Lib Dems tuition fees .... Id still vote for both over the Tories .... you could also call it going into power in a coalition and watering down tory policy a fraction ....LIb Dems may also facilitate a Labour govt , or they may also help Labour get into power by winning seats the Torys are looking to win , that's how things work 

Edited by Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

im the first to acknowledge the faults of a party in fact I've done that . Blair Irag , Lib Dems tuition fees .... Id still vote for both over the Tories .... you could also call it going into power in a coalition and watering down tory policy a fraction ....LIb Dems may also facilitate a Labour govt , or they may also help Labour get into power by winning seats the Torys are looking to win , that's how things work 

You're spot on CF, your seat is clearly a Tory v Lib dem shoot out with labour nowhere near. Voting libs is quite obviously the way to go.

Also, no way the Libs do any deals with the tories again, it nearly killed them

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

im the first to acknowledge the faults of a party in fact I've done that . Blair Iraq , Lib Dems tuition fees .... Id still vote for both over the Tories .... you could also call it going into power in a coalition and watering down tory policy a fraction ....LIb Dems may also facilitate a Labour govt , or they may also help Labour get into power by winning seats the Torys are looking to win , that's how things work 

So what Lib Dem policies appeal to you now?

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Also, no way the Libs do any deals with the tories again, it nearly killed them

While I agree with this, I don't see a Lab-Lib coalition under current leadership being that far to the left of the Cameron/Gideon/Clegg coalition.

I can't imagine Starmer letting PR or drug reform get through.

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So what Lib Dem policies appeal to you now?

Give it up you weirdo, he's said many times it's because they're best placed to defeat the tories where he lives- it's not rocket science.

11 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

While I agree with this, I don't see a Lab-Lib coalition under current leadership being that far to the left of the Cameron/Gideon/Clegg coalition.

no chance re drug reform agreed, probs the same with PR tho a man can dream! Obv depends on the makeup of parliament, I think Lab will get a majority anyway tbh but if they are desperate then who knows.

32 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Starmer’s very savvy so PR won’t be the next manifesto but depending on the size of the majority it could be in the next one. If it looks like Labour need the support of Green/LD votes at the end of their 1st or 2nd term then they’ll put PR into that manifesto so they can get those votes.

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

PHWOAR!

Nothing on Angela.

I must be honest to being a bit shallow sometimes. I once gave my vote to the Green candidate as she was very pretty and quite flirtatious. Well I thought she was. It was either her or Gerald Kaufman and he would get in anyway so what did I have to lose 😉

23 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Starmer’s very savvy so PR won’t be the next manifesto but depending on the size of the majority it could be in the next one. If it looks like Labour need the support of Green/LD votes at the end of their 1st or 2nd term then they’ll put PR into that manifesto so they can get those votes.

Starmer's thrown away close to 5 million votes with his stance on LGBTQ+ rights. He's not that savvy. It's the same abandonment as Corbyn's Labour of the Jewish vote.

Even if you don't give a sh*t about the principles of the issue, it's stupid.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

Starmer's thrown away close to 5 million votes with his stance on LGBTQ+ rights. He's not that savvy. It's the same abandonment as Corbyn's Labour of the Jewish vote.

Even if you don't give a sh*t about the principles of the issue, it's stupid.

Where does the 5 million come from?