news & politics:discussion

zahidf

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

correct me if im wrong as I might have my timings out but the tories are talking about 100s of new oil and gas licenses and labour talking about not approving any ... but what about the ones already approved by the tories in this Parliament .... we will end up getting those won't we ? so actually as damaging as we were before but I guess no more future ones . ? concerns me that . labour should be reversing anything from now . 

yeah, bit sh*t if that true.

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

correct me if im wrong as I might have my timings out but the tories are talking about 100s of new oil and gas licenses and labour talking about not approving any ... but what about the ones already approved by the tories in this Parliament .... we will end up getting those won't we ? so actually as damaging as we were before but I guess no more future ones . ? concerns me that . labour should be reversing anything from now . 

Labour policy is only not to issue new ones if it comes to power. They say any issued will be honoured, and licenses issued can have terms added that protect the oil company such as financial penalties if government withdraws the license.

16 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Labour policy is only not to issue new ones if it comes to power. They say any issued will be honoured, and licenses issued can have terms added that protect the oil company such as financial penalties if government withdraws the license.

so the Tories are just going to issue them anyway ... we really have no hope 😞 

44 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

so the Tories are just going to issue them anyway ... we really have no hope 😞 

Yep.

Not just this but the Tories know how long they may be out of power so will be putting in place so much that suits them and wealthy folks that they know Labour would want to reverse but they also know that if Labour does reverse it then it can be used against them in future.

Are Labour brave enough to stand up to the Tory machine and call their bluff?
Personally I don't think so.

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

alcohol tax increasing! Bastards.

Producers have been reducing the alcohol content in many beers to keep coats down from tax. I usually go for a 5%+ beer but many now start around 4.5. Mind you duty is been reduced on draught beers so my insanely cheap 3.20 pint of Kronenberg at the pub may be cheaper. At least it will get me out more.

51 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Trump for the third time … not sure where the politicians are worse …. Here or in the US ? Or do ours just get away with dodgy dealings ? 

when leaders think they can subvert the voting process - democracy is over, the usa is much worse than here.